Love Smores? You’ll love this Easy Smores Rocky Road! Stuffed with marshmallows, cookies and peanuts, it’s the perfect no bake treat. You only need 5 ingredients and it takes just minutes to prepare.
Smores and rocky road collide ❤️
Today we’re bringing all the joy of smores indoors with my super simple Smores Rocky Road. If you’re a fan of the famous campfire treat, you’ll fall head over heels for this easy no bake dessert.
Expect crunch and chew, with plenty of sweet and salty vibes. All that’s missing is a toasty bonfire 🔥
Why you will love this recipe
- You only need 5 ingredients
- It takes only minutes to make
- You don’t need an electric mixer
- It’s chocolatey, crunchy, sweet and salty!
Let’s talk smores
I’ve had smores on my mind these past few weeks. While it’s not summer here, nor do we typically eat a lot of smores in Australia, I absolutely love them. They remind me of sweet times travelling in the USA, ordering smores milkshakes and marshmallow stuffed donuts.
We’ve already made Smores Cookie Bars and Smores Cupcakes but Smores Rocky Road? Now we’re talking. Why not combine two sweet treats in one? Well we did, and as they say, the rest is (delicious) history.
For just five simple ingredients, this no bake chocolate slice is surprisingly good. There’s a little crunch, thanks to the salty peanuts and buttery cookie pieces, and plenty of chew from the mini marshmallow, and then there’s ALL that chocolate. Hello!
Not only is this Smores Rocky Road rocky road downright delicious but it is SO easy to make. Basically, all you need to do is mix and stir. No electric mixer need and no turning the oven on. The hardest part is waiting for it to set.
What you’ll need
- Chocolate: I like to use a mix of dark chocolate and milk chocolate for this recipe. You can really use whatever chocolate you like, just make sure it’s good quality chocolate. If you wouldn’t eat it straight from the packet, it won’t taste much better even after you’ve mixed it with delicious things. I like to use a block of chocolate rather than chocolate melts or chocolate chips.
- Marshmallows: I use white mini marshmallows so there’s a little chewy marshmallow in every bite.
- Peanuts: I’m all about those sweet and salty vibes, so I recommend going with salted, roasted peanuts. Of course, unsalted is fine too.
- Cookies: A classic American smore is typically made with graham crackers, so I sub in Digestive cookies. But any plain sweet store bought cookie or biscuit will work. If you want to go even more salty, try Ritz crackers! 🤤
How to make smores Rocky road
- Place dark and milk chocolate in a heatproof mixing bowl. Heat in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Add peanuts, marshmallows and cookies and stir by hand until all the mix-ins are completely coated in chocolate.
- Transfer rocky road to a prepared pan that’s lined with baking or parchment paper, and use a spatula to spread it out into one even layer.
- Press a few extra pieces of chocolate, peanuts, marshmallows and cookies on top just because 👌🏻
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour or until chocolate is set. Cut into small squares to serve.
frequently asked questions
A smore is an American campfire treat made of freshly toasted marshmallows that are placed in between two crackers or cookies, along with a square of chocolate. It’s a gooey, sticky, chocolatey treat.
I recommend use a good quality block of chocolate for this recipe. You can use all dark chocolate or all milk chocolate but I prefer to use a bit of both. Remember to use chocolate that you’d be happy to eat on its own. Even with all the delicious mix-ins, it’ll still taste average if your chocolate isn’t nice quality.
You can use any store-bought plain sweet biscuit or cookie for this recipe, like graham crackers or digestive biscuits. Or if you sweet and salty things, you could use Ritz crackers or Saltines.
Yes, you can add another nut if you like, such as almonds, macadamias or pistachios. Or if you want to make this nut-free, add a few extra marshmallows and/or cookies instead.
More marshmallow recipes
- Chocolate Marshmallow Cupcakes
- Rice Bubble Slice
- Cornflake Marshmallow Cookies
- Smores Cookie Bars
- White Chocolate Rocky Road
Super easy Smores Rocky Road made with mini marshmallows, crushed cookies, mini meringues and chunks of chocolate.
- 300 grams (2 cups) good quality dark or semi sweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality milk chocolate, roughly chopped, plus extra for decorating
- 65 grams (1/2 cup) roasted, salted peanuts, plus extra for decorating
- 60 grams (1 cup) mini marshmallows, plus extra for decorating
- 100 grams (1 cup) plain store bought cookies, roughly broken, plus extra for decorating
- Grease and line a 7 or 8 inch square baking pan with baking or parchment paper.
- Place chocolate in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Heat the chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20 second, until melted and smooth.
- Add the roasted peanuts, marshmallows and cookie pieces in the melted chocolate and stir until everything is covered in chocolate. Pour chocolate mixture into prepared pan and spread out into one even layer.
- Press a few extra chocolate pieces, peanuts, marshmallows and cookie pieces on top before the chocolate has set.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour or until the chocolate is set. Cut into small squares and serve. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Chocolate: I recommend use a good quality block of chocolate for this recipe. You can use all dark chocolate or all milk chocolate but I prefer to use a bit of both. Remember to use chocolate that you’d be happy to eat on its own. Even with all the delicious mix-ins, it’ll still taste average if your chocolate isn’t nice quality.
Cookies: You can use any store-bought plain sweet biscuit or cookie for this recipe, like graham crackers or digestive biscuits.