Smores and rocky road collide in this super easy chocolate slice.
If you’re a fan of America’s favourite campfire treat, then this Easy Smores Rocky Road has YOUR name on it. There’s cookies, there’s marshmallows and there’s chocolate! But wait there’s MORE.
This gorgeous slice also features salty roasted peanuts AND crushed crunchy meringue. Did I mention you only need six ingredients? #cantstopwontstop
I’ve had smores on my mind these past few weeks. I do a lot of my brainstorming on the bus home from work and it was just last week, I was trying to think of a new way with smores.
After all we’ve already done Gooey Smores Cookie Bars, Smores Brownie Pie and Smores Marshmallow Chocolate Cupcakes. Then it hit me – Smores Rocky Road! Why not combine two sweet treats in one? And as they say the rest is delicious history.
So there’s alot going in this Smores Rocky Road Bar but it just works. There’s so much crunch, thanks to the salty peanuts, the buttery cookie pieces and the crispy meringue. Then there’s the gooey, soft marshmallow and ALL the chocolate.
You can use any chocolate you like in this rocky road. I used dark chocolate in the base and then covered the top with milk chocolate pieces. Obviously if you wanted to go traditional (and you can buy it) you could use Hersey’s chocolate on top like a regular smore.
Not only is this rocky road downright delicious (and irresistible, trust me), it is SO easy. Basically, all you need to do is mix and stir. No electric beater required and no baking. Aren’t no bake recipes the best? The hardest part is waiting for it to set.
Then you can just cut the rocky road into small slices and devour. It’s also the perfect treat to gift to family and friends – all year round. Smores lovers will adore it! And it’s something that you can’t buy at the shops.
So, how is your week going? I’m excited the weekend is on it’s way. I’m heading out tonight for a dinner with friends and then it’ll be time to bake up a storm for my weekend photoshoots. I have more delicious treats coming your way, let me tell you!
I’m also brainstorming Easter desserts so if you have anything you’d love to see here on Sweetest Menu, let me know. I’ve already been into the hot cross buns and the Easter eggs this year – so good! Although none of them compare to this epic Smores Rocky Road!
Super easy Smores Rocky Road made with mini marshmallows, crushed cookies, mini meringues and chunks of chocolate.
- 600 grams (3 cups) good quality dark or milk chocolate
- 65 grams (1/2 cup) salted roasted peanuts
- 20 grams (1/2 cup) store-bought meringues, crushed
- 60 grams (1 cup) mini marshmallows, plus extra for decorating
- 100 grams (1 cup) graham crackers or digestive biscuits*, roughly crushed, plus extra for decorating
- 100 grams (2/3 cup) milk chocolate pieces
- Grease and line an 8 inch square baking tin with baking or parchment paper. Heat the chocolate in the microwave, stirring in-between 20 second bursts or until just melted.
- Add the roasted peanuts, meringue, marshmallows and cookie pieces into the chocolate and stir until it is all covered. Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared tin and spread out into one smooth layer. Press the extra milk chocolate on top, a few extra marshmallows and biscuits pieces, while the chocolate is still wet.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour or until the chocolate is set. Cut into small squares and serve. Keep in the fridge in an air-tight container.
*You can use any store-bought plain sweet biscuit/cookie for this recipe.