Best ever Christmas Rocky Road made from scratch. This easy no-bake recipe takes only minutes to prepare, but it looks and tastes amazing. It’s perfect for Christmas dessert or holiday gift-giving.
‘Tis the season for rocky road ❤️
And I mean rocky road with ALL the trimmings. Creamy milk and dark chocolate loaded with roasted macadamias, crispy pistachios, chewy cranberries, mini marshmallows, AND Turkish delight.
It’s the rocky road of ALL ROCKY ROADS.
why you will love this recipe
- It’s super quick and easy to make
- You can make it ahead of time
- It’s chewy, crunchy and tastes AMAZING
- It’s perfect for the holidays!
But Christmas calls for something special, and this Rocky Road is over-the-top in the best kind of way. We’ve taken all the good things in the life and combined them to make one festive no bake treat.
First, we swapped the more traditional peanut, for roasty, salty macadamias and crispy pistachios. In addition to chewy marshmallows, we also added a handful of cranberries, and sticky pieces of Turkish delight. Then we covered it ALL in a delightful mix of both milk and dark chocolate.
It’s a chewy, crunchy, sticky treat. You can make it ahead of time for Christmas gifts and it only takes about 20 minutes to make. Yes please!
how to make it
This Christmas Rocky Road slice is super quick and easy to make. Here’s how you make it in four simple steps.
- Melt chocolate.
- Stir through ALL the mix-ins.
- Pour into pan (decorate the top with a few extra mix-in’s).
- Chill in the fridge.
what chocolate should I use?
I prefer to use a block of good quality chocolate, rather than melts or chocolate chips – but those are fine to use too! My biggest piece of advice is to choose chocolate that’s nice enough to eat on its own (not the cheap and nasty kind).
And no, it doesn’t have to be baking chocolate. A regular block of your favourite chocolate will work too!
Make it your own
I absolutely love this Christmas Rocky Road as is, but here are a few ways you can mix it up and make it your own.
- Chocolate: I prefer to use a mix of milk chocolate and dark chocolate (semi-sweet). But you can really use whatever chocolate you like, e.g. all milk, all dark or even white chocolate.
- Nuts: Macadamia nuts and pistachios work really well in this recipe, but you can use other nuts like almonds, hazelnuts or cashews if you prefer. Or if you’d rather a nut-free version, add 1 cup of additional mix-in’s, e.g. more marshmallows, cranberries or Turkish delight. Coconut, chocolate chips or other dried fruit will also work well.
- Marshmallows: Try swapping the mini marshmallows for big ones!
- Turkish delight: I like to use chocolate coated Turkish delight, but regular Turkish delight will work just fine too. Alternatively, you could swap this for another soft jelly lolly or even glaced cherries.
frequently asked questions
Yes! Just add 1 cup of additional mix-in’s, e.g. more marshmallows, cranberries or Turkish delight or another mix-in of your choosing.
Keep your Rocky Road in the fridge in an airtight container. It’ll keep well for 1-2 weeks.
Yes you can! Merry Christmas!
more Christmas recipes to try
A truly special Christmas Rocky Road perfect for holiday gift-giving.
- 400 grams (2 and 2/3 cups) good quality dark chocolate (45-70% cocoa)
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality milk chocolate
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) roasted salted macadamias, plus extra to decorate
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) Turkish delight, plus extra to decorate
- 60 grams (1 cup) mini marshmallows
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) pistachios, plus extra to decorate
- 30 grams (1/4 cup) dried cranberries, plus extra to decorate
- Grease and line an 8-inch square pan with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides overhang.
- Place dark and milk chocolate in a large heatproof bowl. Heat in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until smooth and creamy.
- Roughly chop macadamia nuts and Turkish delight. Then add macadamias, Turkish delight, marshmallows, pistachios, and cranberries to the melted chocolate. Gently stir until all the mix-ins are coated in chocolate.
- Pour chocolate rocky road mixture into prepared pan and spread out into one even layer. Decorate the top with extra pistachios, macadamias, cranberries and Turkish Delight while the chocolate is still wet.
- Place in the fridge for at least one hour or until set. Cut into small squares to serve.
Nuts: You can use other nuts like almonds, hazelnuts or cashews. Or if you’d rather a nut-free version, add 1 cup of additional mix-in’s, e.g. more marshmallows, cranberries or Turkish delight. Coconut, chocolate chips or other dried fruit will also work well.
Turkish delight: I like to use chocolate coated Turkish delight, but regular Turkish delight will work just fine too. Alternatively, you could swap this for another soft jelly lolly or glaced cherries.
Marshmallows: You can use large marshmallows instead of mini ones if you prefer.
Storage: Keep Rocky Road in an airtight container in the fridge. I prefer to bring it back to room temperature to serve.