Easy Rolo Rocky Road with mini marshmallows, peanuts and biscuits.
- 65 grams (1/2 cup) roasted peanuts, salted
- 60 grams (1 cup) mini marshmallows
- 100 grams (1 cup) plain store-bought biscuits or cookies, roughly chopped
- 300 grams (2 cups) milk chocolate
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate (50-70% cocoa)
- 250 grams (1 and 2/3 cup) Rolo chocolate
- Grease and line an 8-inch square pan with baking paper or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add peanuts, marshmallows and biscuit pieces.
- In a separate heatproof bowl, add milk chocolate and dark chocolate. Heat in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted and smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate over dry ingredients and stir until everything is covered in chocolate. Add half the Rolo chocolates and stir.
- Transfer chocolate mixture to prepared pan and spread out into one layer. Press remaining Rolo pieces on top.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour or until the chocolate is set. Cut into small squares and serve. Store rocky road in the fridge in an airtight container.
Biscuits: You can use any store-bought plain sweet biscuit/cookie for this recipe, such as Digestive biscuits, Rich Tea biscuits or Graham Crackers.
Milk chocolate: Any plain block of milk chocolate will work – it doesn’t have to be cooking or baking chocolate.
Dark chocolate: I recommend a block of dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate that’s between 50-70% cocoa.
Rolo: If you don’t have access to Rolo chocolate, you could try another caramel chocolate or your favourite chocolate bar.
Nut-free: To make this nut free, leave out the peanuts and simply throw in a few extra marshmallows or crushed biscuits.
Storage: Rolo Rocky Road should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge. It will keep well for up to one week. Enjoy cold or bring it back to room temperature before serving.