Today is all about chocolate 💃
Easter is less than three weeks away and I’m excited. I’ve been looking forward to whipping up some Easter-themed recipes and this one 👆🏻 does not disappoint.
These mega chewy Easter Egg Brownies are stuffed with mini Easter Eggs making them oh-so-irresistible.
This gorgeous brownie is made a little bit differently to a traditional brownie, with a little more flour, fewer eggs and baking powder for a nice lift.
But all the traditional elements are there. It has an over-the-top fudgy centre, extra crispy edges and way too many Easter eggs hiding inside.
All-in-all, it’s my new favourite brownie.
Mini Easter eggs are PERFECT for a good pop of chocolate and just make these brownies even more irresistible. And they’re super easy to make too. In fact, you probably have all the ingredients sitting in your pantry right now. #justsayin
It’s the ultimate way to enjoy Easter eggs. Wrap them up in a big, fudgy brownie and then bake them to perfection.
I actually just made another batch of these on Thursday night and they were gobbled up in no time. I told you = irresistible.
OH and if Cadbury Creme Eggs are your thing, don’t forget to try these Creme Egg Brownies that I made last year – they’ll be the hit of any party!
A delicious chocolate fudge brownie stuffed with mini Easter eggs.
- 230 grams (1 cup or 2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 200 grams (1 cup) caster sugar
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 225 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) mini chocolate Easter eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F). Grease and line an 8 inch square baking tin with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and beat until pale and creamy. Add the vanilla and eggs and beat again until combined.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and stir until combined. Add the Easter eggs and stir.
- Place the chocolate batter into your prepared tin and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into small squares to serve.