Who loves brownies? 🙌🏻
If you love chocolate and Easter eggs, then these are the brownies for YOU! Ooey, gooey brownies that have Cadbury Creme Eggs IN the batter and on top!
They are over-the-top in the best kind of way. If you’ve been looking for an easy Easter treat to try, you can’t go past these deliciously rich Cadbury Creme Egg Brownies!
It’s that time of year again when it is all about those Easter treats. Already this week, we’ve had a showstopper Speckled Egg Piñata Cake and now these oh-so-good chocolate brownies.
I wanted these brownies to be ALL about the Creme Egg. So not only are there giant Creme Eggs baked into the top of these brownies but there are a whole heap of mini Creme Eggs thrown into the batter too. Umm yes please!
These brownies are totally fudgy and bursting with chocolate – so a small serving goes a long way. But hey, Easter comes but once a year, am I right? So you NEED to make these brownies stat!
How has your week been? I’ve been at the studio for work this week, baking up a storm. In one day, I made 5 cakes, a pudding, two batches of cupcakes and a slice. It’s was a BIG day but I loved every minute of it. But now it’s brownie time!
Gooey Cadbury Creme Egg Brownies that have creme eggs IN the batter and on top!
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, chopped
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate, pieces
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 85 grams (2/3 cup) plain flour
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) mini Cadbury Creme Eggs, chopped
- 3 large Cadbury Creme Eggs, cut in half
- Grease and line a square 8 inch cake tin with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides of the paper overhang. Pop the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl and place over a medium saucepan that is filled with a bit of water, say 5cm (2 inches) high or so. You need to ensure the bottom of the bowl will not touch the water below. Place on the stove on medium heat and stir while the chocolate and butter melt. Once the mixture is lovely and smooth, remove the bowl from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 160 C (320 F). Next, add the sugar and vanilla to the chocolate mixture and beat with an electric beater until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time and beat again. Then sift in the flour and beat until the brownie mixture is smooth. Add your chopped mini Creme Eggs. Pour the brownie mixture into your prepared tin and smooth the top.
- Bake the brownie for about 25 minutes, then gently pop the large Creme eggs on top and press them slightly into the brownie. Pop the brownie back into the oven for an additional 20 minutes or until the brownie no longer wobbles in the middle. Leave to cool completely.
The brownie can be hard to cut with the chocolate eggs on top, so it is best to leave it to cool completely before serving. Or even pop into the fridge for a few hours before slicing.