Fudgy Cadbury Creme Egg Brownies with creme eggs IN the batter and on top.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, chopped
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate (45-70% cocoa), broken into pieces
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 85 grams (2/3 cup) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) mini Cadbury Creme Eggs, roughly chopped
- 3 large Cadbury Creme Eggs, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line an 8-inch square pan with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides of the paper overhang.
- Place butter and chocolate in a medium-sized heatproof bowl that fits snugly on top of a medium-sized saucepan. Fill saucepan with a couple of inches of water, ensuring the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water below.
- Place on medium heat and stir while the chocolate and butter melt. Once the mixture is lovely and smooth, remove the bowl from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Next, add sugar and vanilla to the chocolate mixture and beat with an electric beater on medium speed until combined. Add eggs, one at a time and beat briefly.
- Add flour and salt and beat just until the brownie mixture is smooth. Stir through chopped mini Creme Eggs.
- Pour brownie mixture into prepared tin and smooth the top.
- Bake brownie for about 25 minutes, then gently remove from the oven. Carefully press the large Creme Eggs into the top of the brownie.
- Place brownie back in the oven for an additional 15-20 minutes or until it no longer wobbles in the middle. Leave to cool completely before slicing.
Microwave: If you prefer, you can melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave instead of the stove. Place butter and chocolate in a large mixing bowl and heat, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth.
Dark chocolate: I recommend using dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate that’s somewhere between 45-70% cocoa.
Serving: These brownies are best eaten when they are still a little warm. Leave them to cool almost completely, then slice into squares. Fresh from the oven, the Creme Eggs are gooey and warm. As they cool (and if you choose to chill them in the fridge) the Creme Eggs will harden once again. To serve the next day, consider microwaving your brownie for 10-20 seconds to make it gooey and warm again.