Perfect Mini Egg Brownies just in time for Easter. These fudgy brownies are topped with a 2-ingredient chocolate ganache and plenty of crunchy Cadbury Mini Egg Easter eggs.
And just like that it’s almost Easter! 💕
If you have been buying up big on the Easter eggs this year, I’ve got a chocolate-y treat for you. Meet my fudgy Mini Egg Brownies – perfect for any Easter occasion. These gorgeous chocolate brownies are topped with a rich chocolate ganache frosting and an abundance of Cadbury Mini Eggs.
They’re soft, sweet and oh-so-chocolatey.
I love making Easter-themed treats. Not only does it give me an excuse to buy up big on Easter eggs but it’s super fun coming up with different ways to use them in baking. I love making my Easter Egg Rocky Road and my Chocolate Easter Egg Cookies.
But this year, I’m kicking things off with a Cadbury Mini Egg treat. And what better way to use up these crunchy chocolate Easter eggs, then combining them with one of life’s best desserts: a homemade brownie.
These brownies are a spin-off of my favourite Raspberry Brownies. They are made using real dark chocolate which makes for a deliciously rich and fudgy brownie. They also have a little cocoa powder for extra oomph. Once they are baked and cooled, we add a little frosting on top.
This sweet topping is made using just dark chocolate and cream – it’s called ganache. It’s wonderfully creamy and just takes these brownies over-the-top in the best kind of way. Then we had a zillion chopped Mini Eggs for colour and crunch. Perfect!
HOW TO MAKE MINI EGG BROWNIES
- To make these Mini Egg Brownies, you don’t even need an electric mixer – just start with a bowl and spoon.
- Melt together the dark chocolate and butter using your microwave. I recommend using a nice quality dark chocolate, I usually use one around 45-50% cocoa, so not too bitter.
- Next stir in your sugars. For this recipe, we use both caster sugar and brown sugar. If you don’t have caster sugar, you can use granulated sugar – read more about caster sugar here.
- Next comes the eggs. Stir until mixture is smooth and combined. Finally, add your flour and cocoa. I recommend measuring your ingredients using a kitchen scale for the most accurate results.
- Bake your brownie for around 30 minutes or until it no longer wobbles in the middle. Leave brownies to cool completely before frosting.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Ganache is typically make using just two ingredients – cream and chocolate.
- For this recipe, we are using dark chocolate again, same as the brownie, and thickened or heavy cream.
- You can use dark or semi sweet chocolate chips if you prefer, or simple cut a block of chocolate up by hand.
- Melt together your cream and chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20-30 seconds, until smooth and creamy.
- Pour over brownies and place in the fridge for 30 minutes or 1 hour to cool down and thicken slightly.
Fudgy chocolate brownies topped with Mini Egg Easter eggs.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 20 grams (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 150 grams (1 cup) dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) thickened or heavy cream
- 150 grams (1 cup) Cadbury Mini Egg Easter eggs
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line an 8-inch square tin with paper baking, ensuring two sides of the paper overhang.
- Add butter and chocolate to a heatproof bowl and microwave until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Leave to cool slightly.
- Next, add the sugar and vanilla to the chocolate mixture and stir. Add the eggs, one at a time and stir again. Then add flour and cocoa and stir until mixture is smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin and very gently smooth over the top. Bake brownie for about 30-32 minutes or until cooked through. It should no longer wobble in the middle. Leave to cool completely.
- To make the ganache, place the chocolate and cream into a heat-proof bowl. Place in the microwave and heat, stirring every 20 seconds, until combined and smooth. Leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Pour the ganache over your chocolate brownie and spread to the corners. Scatter Easter eggs on top and then place in the fridge for at least 30 minute for the frosting to firm up slightly. Then carefully cut into small squares and serve.
Keywords: Mini egg brownies, Easter brownies, Easter egg brownies