Happy Easter 🙌🏻
With Easter less than a week away, I thought it was time to celebrate with another special Easter recipe. This time we’re talking Chocolate Easter Egg Cookies.
Thick, chewy, chocolate cookies filled with chunks of chocolate and candied Easter eggs for extra crunch. Aren’t they pretty? ❤️
I love Easter baking. It’s the one time of year I actually have permission to buy (and eat) ALL THE CHOCOLATE.
And there’s just something special about using Easter eggs in baking, especially Speckled Eggs.
A spin-off of my favourite Chunky Walnut Chocolate Cookies, these gorgeous cookies are completely irresistible. Fat, crinkly and loaded with chocolate #yesplease
I actually made an Easter Egg Cookie Cake using these candy-covered Easter eggs a few years ago, so I know how delicious they are when baked. The shells crack a little from the heat and the chocolate inside goes deliciously warm and melty.
So when you take a big bite of these cookies, you’ll be met with a ridiculously soft cocoa cookie, with real crunch from the Easter eggs.
Next comes the flood of chocolate, thanks to plenty of chocolate chunks AND the Easter eggs themselves.
These cookies are especially good straight out of the oven. Give them five minutes to firm up a little and cool down and then go for it. Take a bite with a cold glass of milk for a truly special Easter treat.
I hope you had a great weekend! We took a road trip to a little town called Berry, about two hours south of Sydney. The best part? The famous donut van. Hot cinnamon donuts have got to be one of the best things in life.#amiright
Do they sell hot cinnamon donuts where you live? I’m intrigued as to whether they’re more of an Aussie thing?
A deliciously thick and chewy chocolate cookie stuffed with Speckled Easter eggs
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) plain flour
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons cornflour or corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) dark chocolate
- 150 grams (1 cup) Speckled Easter Eggs or candy covered Easter eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F). Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and beat with an electric mixer until combined. Add the vanilla and egg and beat for a minute or so until smooth.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, cornflour and baking soda into the mixture, and stir until combined and forms a chocolately dough.
- Roughly chop the dark chocolate into small chunks. Add chocolate and 1/2 cup Easter eggs to the chocolate batter and stir.
- Roll balls of the dough until smooth using your hands and pop onto the prepared trays. Place in the oven and bake for approximately 10 minutes. Press a few extra Easter eggs on top of each cookie. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 232
Keywords: Chocolate, Cookies, Easter, Easter eggs, Dessert