A deliciously thick and chewy chocolate cookie stuffed with Speckled Easter eggs
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) plain flour
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons cornflour or corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) dark chocolate
- 150 grams (1 cup) Speckled Easter Eggs or candy covered Easter eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F). Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and beat with an electric mixer until combined. Add the vanilla and egg and beat for a minute or so until smooth.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, cornflour and baking soda into the mixture, and stir until combined and forms a chocolately dough.
- Roughly chop the dark chocolate into small chunks. Add chocolate and 1/2 cup Easter eggs to the chocolate batter and stir.
- Roll balls of the dough until smooth using your hands and pop onto the prepared trays. Place in the oven and bake for approximately 10 minutes. Press a few extra Easter eggs on top of each cookie. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 232
Keywords: Chocolate, Cookies, Easter, Easter eggs, Dessert