Prep: 90 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutes
Fudgy chocolate brownies topped with Mini Egg Easter eggs.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) butter
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 20 grams (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 150 grams (1 cup) dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) thickened or heavy cream
- 150 grams (1 cup) Cadbury Mini Egg Easter eggs
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line an 8-inch square pan with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides overhang.
- Add butter and chocolate to a heatproof bowl and microwave until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Leave to cool slightly.
- Next, add the sugar and vanilla to the chocolate mixture and stir. Add the eggs, one at a time and stir again. Then add flour and cocoa and stir until mixture is smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin and very gently smooth over the top. Bake brownie for about 30-32 minutes or until cooked through. It should no longer wobble in the middle. Leave to cool completely.
- To make the ganache, place the chocolate and cream into a heat-proof bowl. Place in the microwave and heat, stirring every 20 seconds, until combined and smooth. Leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Pour the ganache over your chocolate brownie and spread to the corners. Scatter Easter eggs on top and then place in the fridge for at least 30 minute for the frosting to firm up slightly. Then carefully cut into small squares and serve.
Category: EasterCuisine: Australian