Double chocolate peppermint cookies dipped in white chocolate.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup / 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) milk or dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 150 grams (1 cup) white chocolate
- 3-4 peppermint candy canes
- Line two baking trays with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F)
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugar and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until pale and creamy. Add the vanilla and egg and beat for a minute or so until smooth.
- Add flour, cocoa powder and baking soda and beat briefly until it forms a soft chocolate dough. Add chocolate chip and peppermint extract.
- Roll heaped tablespoons of the dough into balls using your hands and pop onto the prepared trays, leaving space for the cookies to spread out.
- Bake cookies for approximately 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until smooth and creamy. Use a mortar and pestle or a rolling pin to crush the peppermint candy canes.
- Dip each cookie in the white chocolate, letting it drip, before placing back on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Sprinkle candy canes over the white chocolate while it’s still warm.
Keywords: Chocolate cookies, mint chocolate cookies, candy cane cookies, peppermint bark cookies