Chocolate fudge cookies loaded with dark chocolate.
- 115 grams (1 stick or 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt, optional
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 100 grams (2/3 cup) dark or milk chocolate, roughly chopped, plus extra for decorating
- Line two baking trays with baking paper. In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugars and beat with an electric mixer until combined.
- Add vanilla and egg and beat for a minute or so until combined. Sift in flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt, if using, into the mixture, and mix briefly until a chocolately dough forms.
- If it’s a little dry, add the tablespoon of milk and then stir in the chocolate chunks. Place the dough in the fridge and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Roll the dough (approximately 1.5 tablespoons each) into balls using your hands and place onto the prepared trays.
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 10-11 minutes. While they’re still warm, place a few extra pieces of chocolate on top of each cookie, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 156
Keywords: Chocolate, Cookies, Fudge, Dessert