Prep: 20 minutesCook: 11 minutesTotal: 31 minutes
Buttery white chocolate chip cookies made from scratch.
- 115 grams (1 stick or 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 150 grams (1 cup) white chocolate chips
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and beat using an electric beater for a minute or two until smooth and creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined, scrapping down the sides. Add flour, baking soda and beat again until a soft cookie dough forms. Add the chocolate chips and stir.
- Spoon 1.5 tablespoons of dough into small balls and place on the baking trays, leaving room for the cookies to flatten out. Place in oven for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with sea salt.
Serving Size: 1 cookie Calories: 216
Category: DessertCuisine: American