Buttery white chocolate chip cookies made from scratch.
- 115 grams (1 stick or 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 150 grams (1 cup) white chocolate chips
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F). Line two baking trays with baking paper. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and beat using an electric beater for a minute or two until smooth and creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined, scrapping down the sides. Add flour, baking soda and beat again until a soft cookie dough forms. Add the chocolate chips and stir.
- Spoon 1.5 tablespoons of dough into small balls and place on the baking trays, leaving room for the cookies to flatten out. Place in oven for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 216
Keywords: White chocolate chip cookies, Chocolate chip cookies