Amazing soft and chewy Rolo Cookies with chunks of chocolate and gooey Rolo chocolate.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt, optional
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) dark or milk chocolate, chopped
- 150 grams (1 cup) Rolo chocolate, roughly chopped, plus extra for decorating
- Place butter in a heatproof bowl and heat in the microwave until JUST melted. You don’t want the butter to be hot, but just soft enough to stir with a fork until smooth.
- Add brown sugar, caster sugar, vanilla and egg and stir until smooth. Add flour, baking soda and salt and stir until soft cookie dough forms. Add chocolate and Rolos and stir until combined.
- Chill cookie dough in the fridge for AT LEAST one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper.
- Roll large balls of cookie dough using your hands and place on oven tray. Bake for 9-10 minutes*. While the cookie are still warm, add a few extra chopped Rolos on top.
The cookies will look under baked but that’s ok – this will ensure they stay soft and chewy even once they’ve cooled.