Buttery cookie bars stuffed with chocolate caramel Rolos.
- 170 grams (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 135 grams (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 245 grams (1 and 3/4 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 150 grams (1 cup) chocolate chips
- 225 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) Rolo chocolates
- Grease and line an 8 inch square baking tin with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides overhang. Preheat oven to 180 C (360 F).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar for 3-4 minutes with an electric beater or until pale and creamy. Add vanilla, egg and egg yolk and beat again until combined. Sift in flour, baking soda and beat until a soft dough forms.
- Divide the dough into two and press half of the cookie dough into the bottom of your pan to form one even layer. Scatter Rolo chocolate all over the cookie dough.
- Grab the other half of your cookie dough and break it up into pieces and place on top of Rolo chocolates. Gently spread it out using your fingers so most of the Rolo is covered – it’s fine if some of the chocolate are showing.
- Pop into the oven for approximately 18-20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Leave to cool completely in the tin before removing. Cut into slices and serve.
Keywords: Rolo cookie bars, Chocolate caramel cookie bars