Four ingredient chocolate truffles made with Nutella.
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) thickened or heavy cream
- 300 grams (1 cup) Nutella
- 120 grams (1 cup) skinless hazelnuts*,
- Finely chop the dark chocolate and place in a small bowl. Next, heat cream on the stove or using a microwave. Once the cream becomes warm to the touch, pour it over the dark chocolate and leave for two minutes.
- Slowly whisk the chocolate mixture until it forms a lovely chocolate ganache. Add half of the Nutella and continue to whisk, then add the remaining Nutella and whisk until combined and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate into a small deep bowl and pop into the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or until set.
- Crush your hazelnuts until they resemble fine crumbs. Then spoon out teaspoons of the chocolate truffle mixture, approximately 1 heaped teaspoon each, and roll them in your hands until smooth and roll them in the crushed hazelnuts. Store truffles in the fridge.
*You can use raw hazelnuts or toasted hazelnuts. To toast hazelnuts, add to a shallow pan on medium heat and shake until they start to turn golden and smell toasty. Remove from heat and leave to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 truffle
- Calories: 198
Keywords: Chocolate, Truffles, Nutella, Hazelnuts