Soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies swirled with Nutella
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- 100 grams (1/3 cup) Nutella or chocolate hazelnut spread
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180 C (360 F). Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugar and beat using an electric beater for a minute or two until smooth and creamy. Add egg and beat until combined, scrapping down the sides.
- Add flour and baking soda and beat until combined. Add chocolate chips. Add Nutella and beat VERY briefly until cookie dough is swirled but not completely mixed through.
- Take 1.5 tablespoons of the cookie dough and roll into balls and place on baking trays, leaving room for the cookies to flatten out. Place in oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- Add a few chocolate chips on top and sprinkle with sea salt. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Keywords: Nutella Cookies, Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies,