Cornflake Marshmallow Cookies filled with toasted crunchy cornflakes.
- 45 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) Cornflakes
- 115 grams (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt, optional
- 60 grams (1 cup) mini marshmallows
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) milk or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 170 C (340 F) standard / 150 C (300 F) fan-forced. Add Cornflakes to an oven tray and spread out into one layer. Bake for 13-15 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugars and beat until pale and creamy (approximately 2-3 minutes). Add vanilla extract and egg and mix until combined.
- Next, add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, if using. Crush the toasted cornflakes using your hands until they are broken into smaller pieces. No need to be exact here. Then add your cornflakes, marshmallows and chocolate chips to your dough and mix briefly until combined.
- Cover your dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for AT LEAST 1 hour. This is important otherwise your cookies will spread too much.
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper.
- Scoop cookie dough (approximately 1.5 tablespoons) and roll into balls using your hands, place on oven trays, ensuring there is enough room for the cookies to flatten out in the oven.
- Bake your cookies for approximately 10-11 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Leave to cool for 10 minutes on the tray before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
These cookies are quite thin and chewy. For a slightly thicker cookie, add an extra 35 grams (1/4 cup) plain flour.