You’ll love these thick and chewy Cornflake Cookies. Buttery cookie dough loaded with chocolate chips, rolled in crunchy Cornflakes and baked until golden and crisp.
If cookies are covered in cereal, can you eat them for breakfast? 💕
These thick and chewy Cornflake Cookies are my latest weakness. Buttery chocolate chip cookie dough rolled in crunchy Cornflakes and baked until golden. It’s the best of both worlds.
Crunchy on the outside, chewy in the middle. And loaded with chocolate. Yes please!
But this is not the first time I’ve shared a Cornflake Cookie with you. My Chewy Cornflake Marshmallow Cookies are super thin and crispy and have toasted Cornflakes mixed through the cookie dough, adding both flavour and chew. They’re the best.
But these thick and chewy Cornflake Cookies are rolled in Cornflakes prior to baking. Adding texture and crunch. #winwin
The cookie dough itself is buttery and smooth and requires NO chilling. Which means these cookies can be ready to eat in just 30 minutes flat.
Typically, here in Australia, Cornflake Cookies are filled with sultanas or raisins but I couldn’t help but add chocolate chips – because you know I just can’t resist adding to chocolate to everrrything.
And biting into a Cornflake Cookie while it’s still warm with melted chocolate oozing out is just the b-e-s-t.
So how do you get the Cornflakes to cover the cookies just like these? 👆🏻 It’s super easy. You simply grab a large tablespoon of cookie dough, roll it in your hands and then roll in a bowl of slightly crushed Cornflakes.
Use your hands to press the cornflakes all over the cookie dough – they should stick. Then place the balls of cookie dough onto your baking sheet. As the cookies bake, they will spread out and the Cornflakes will go roasty-toasty.
Crispy, crunchy, buttery and sweet, these Cornflake Cookies will be your new go-to.
Watch how to make it
Thick and chewy cookies covered in crunchy Cornflake Cookies.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup / 1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) chocolate chips
- 45 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) Cornflakes
- Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper. Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars using an electric beater for 1-2 minutes or until pale and creamy.
- Add vanilla and egg and beat until combined. Sift in flour and baking soda and mix to combine. Add chocolate chips and stir. In a separate bowl, add Cornflakes and crush them slightly using your hands.
- Scoop balls of dough (roughly 1.5 tablespoons each) and then roll them in the Cornflakes, pressing the Cornflakes into the cookie dough using your hands.
- Place cookie dough balls onto your prepared trays, leaving room for the cookies to spread out.
- Bake for approximately 12-13 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.