Prep: 20 minutesCook: 12 minutesTotal: 32 minutes
Thick and chewy cookies covered in crunchy Cornflake Cookies.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup / 1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) chocolate chips
- 45 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) Cornflakes
- Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper. Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars using an electric beater for 1-2 minutes or until pale and creamy.
- Add vanilla and egg and beat until combined. Sift in flour and baking soda and mix to combine. Add chocolate chips and stir. In a separate bowl, add Cornflakes and crush them slightly using your hands.
- Scoop balls of dough (roughly 1.5 tablespoons each) and then roll them in the Cornflakes, pressing the Cornflakes into the cookie dough using your hands.
- Place cookie dough balls onto your prepared trays, leaving room for the cookies to spread out.
- Bake for approximately 12-13 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serving Size: 1 cookie Calories: 196
Nutrition information is a guide only.
Category: CookiesCuisine: Australian