Prep: 30 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutes
Buttery peanut butter cookies rolled in sugar and baked to perfection.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 135 grams (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 245 grams (1 and 3/4 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 45 grams (1/4 cup) demerara or granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugar and beat using an electric beater for a minute or two until smooth and creamy.
- Add the vanilla and peanut butter and beat until combined, scrapping down the sides. Add the egg and beat until smooth.
- Add the flour and baking soda and mix briefly until a soft cookie dough forms. Roll cookie dough, approximately 1.5 tablespoons each, into balls and roll in extra sugar.
- Place on prepared baking trays, leaving room for the cookies to flatten out. Use a fork to flatten the cookies and create a criss-cross pattern.
- Place in oven for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serving Size: 1 cookie Calories: 220
Category: CookiesCuisine: American