Baked Passionfruit Slice with a buttery coconut crust. You’ll love how easy this Passionfruit Slice is to make with a creamy layer of passionfruit, fresh lemon juice and sweetened condensed milk.
Introducing my baked Passionfruit Slice ☀️
It may be winter here in Australia, but this gorgeous Passionfruit Slice is guaranteed to brighten your day. Made with sweetened condensed milk, zesty lemon and tutti-fruity passionfruit, these bars are sweet, tangy and irresistible!
If you’re on the hunt for an easy baked treat, you’ll fall head over heels for this Passionfruit Slice.
I think homemade slices are completely underrated. They’re the perfect solution for morning tea or when guests are popping over and you need something to serve ASAP. I love my Perfect Chocolate Slice and my Hedgehog Slice for these occasions.
But sometimes a girl needs to put the chocolate down and opt for something fruity. Especially when it’s perfectly sweet and zesty like this Passionfruit Slice ❤️
And even though this slice is baked, it’s super easy to make – I promise. You don’t even need to pull out the electric mixer – just a bowl and spoon!
The coconut crust is buttery and sweet – a little like shortbread. So it’s the perfect match to the three-ingredient passionfruit topping. Once baked, the slice needs time to set in the fridge. It will firm up and get deliciously fudgy.
One bite of the tangy topping and you’ll be in passionfruit heaven. It’s the ultimate dessert for those who love lemony treats and think coconut is God’s gift. All I know, is this Passionfruit Slice is now on regular rotation in my house.
TIPS FOR MAKING PERFECT PASSIONFRUIT SLICE
- This Passionfruit Slice is quite easy to make. You only need a bowl and a spoon – no electric mixer required.
- First, you’ll need to make the four-ingredient coconut crust. You’ll need to mix together sugar, flour and coconut, and then pour over melted butter. The mixture will resemble wet sand.
- Then, press the crumbs into your prepared pan to form one even layer. Use the back of a spoon to press the crust firmly into the pan. The bake for approximately 10 minutes or until the crust just starts to go golden.
- Mix together the sweetened condensed milk, fresh lemon juice and passionfruit pulp. I recommend using fresh lemon juice for maximum flavour. If fresh passionfruit is not available, you can use tinned passionfruit pulp – it works just as well.
- Pour the fruity filling over the coconut crust and bake again for another 15 minutes or until the slice is just firm to the touch.
- You’ll need to leave the slice in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set. Then slice into small squares and enjoy.
MORE SLICE RECIPES TO TRY
- Perfect Chocolate Slice
- No Bake Chocolate Slice
- Hedgehog Slice
- Sweet and Salty Chocolate Slice
- Chocolate Hazelnut Slice
A deliciously easy Passionfruit Slice with a coconut crust.
- 65 grams (1/2 cup) icing sugar or powdered sugar
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 70 grams (3/4 cup) desiccated coconut
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 240 ml (1 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons passionfruit pulp, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line an 8-inch square baking tin with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add sugar, flour and coconut. Whisk to combine. Add melted butter and stir until moist. Mixture should resemble wet sand.
- Place mixture into baking pan and press down to form one even layer. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the crust is slightly golden on the edges.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add condensed milk, lemon juice and passionfruit and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture over coconut crust. Add a tablespoon of passionfruit pulp on top and swirl using a butter knife.
- Bake slice for another 15 minutes or until slightly firm to the touch. Leave to cool for at least 30 minutes in the baking tin. Then place in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours to set. Cut into small slices to serve.