Classic soft and chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies made with melted butter.
- 115 grams (1 stick or 1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 150 grams (1 cup) chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- Place butter in a heatproof bowl and heat in the microwave until JUST melted. You don’t want the butter to be hot, but just soft enough to stir with a fork until smooth.
- Add sugars, vanilla and egg and stir until smooth. Add flour and baking soda and stir until soft cookie dough forms. Add chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Chill cookie dough in the fridge for AT LEAST one hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 C (360 F). Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper.
- Roll balls of cookie dough, approximately 1.5 tablespoons each, using your hands and place on prepared oven trays, leaving room for the cookie to spread.
- Bake cookies for 10-11 minutes. While the cookies are still warm, add a few extra chocolate chips on top.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 185
Keywords: Choc chip cookies, Chocolate chip cookies, Chewy chocolate chip cookies