Prep: 90 minutesCook: 11 minutesTotal: 1 hour 41 minutes
Classic soft and chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies made with melted butter.
- 115 grams (1 stick or 1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt, optional
- 150 grams (1 cup) chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- Place butter in a heatproof bowl and heat in the microwave until JUST melted. You don’t want the butter to be hot, but just soft enough to stir with a fork until smooth.
- Add sugars, vanilla and egg and stir until smooth. Add flour, baking soda and salt, if using, and stir until soft cookie dough forms. Add chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Chill cookie dough in the fridge for AT LEAST one hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper.
- Roll balls of cookie dough, approximately 1.5 tablespoons each, using your hands and place on prepared oven trays, leaving room for the cookie to spread.
- Bake cookies for 10-11 minutes. While the cookies are still warm, add a few extra chocolate chips on top.
Serving Size: 1 cookie Calories: 185
Category: CookiesCuisine: American