Chocolate chip cookies just got a makeover.
Today is all about the humble chocolate chip cookie, WITH a surprise twist. These 👆🏻 are Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies.
We’re talking thick and cakey cookies, with golden brown edges, plenty of melty chocolate chips AND a creamy peanut butter centre hidden inside. Hands up for peanut butter 🙌🏻
You don’t have to look far to know that I love cookies (and I know you do too!). We have quite a few cookie recipes here on Sweetest Menu but these Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies just might be my new favourite.
They are the ultimate treat for those that love big, chunky cookies (uh yes please!). The best part is definitely that hidden peanut butter filling. Take a bite when they are fresh out of the oven and you will be met with a lava of peanut butter. Does it get any better?
Stuffed cookies are one of the best fads going around. I’ve stuffed cookies with gooey teaspoons of Nutella, chunks of caramel or even whole Oreos. And now peanut butter. And I’m not sorry about it.
I love peanut butter and figuring out how to use it in ONE more recipe is always a good thing. So if you love the peanut butter and chocolate combo, I think you will love these Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I won’t lie, it takes a little bit of love to get that peanut butter all up in those cookies. But it’s well worth the effort. My trick is to freeze the peanut butter while you’re preparing your cookie dough to help it be not quite so sticky. But I think it’s ok to get messy in the kitchen sometimes and this is definitely one of those times.
Scoop out your cookie dough, flatten it, add a teaspoon of peanut butter, before placing another piece of cookie dough on top. Then you just roll it up. The peanut butter should be mostly hidden – becoming a secret only you and I know.
Bake the cookies until just golden brown, add a few extra chocolate chips on top and then serve. Your friends and family will love the sweet and salty surprise that is waiting for them inside.
Oh boy, I could really go a Peanut Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie right about now.
Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies with a hidden pocket of gooey peanut butter baked right inside the middle.
- 120 grams (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoons icing or powdered sugar
- 115 grams (1 stick or 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 245 grams (1 and 3/4 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 100 grams (2/3 cup) chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together peanut butter and icing sugar together. Spoon out 10 teaspoons of the peanut butter mixture and place on a baking tray. Pop them in the freezer.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter, sugars and vanilla and beat using an electric beater on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add egg and beat until combined, scrapping down the sides.
- Add flour, baking soda and mix together until a soft cookie dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Get the peanut butter out from the freezer. Grab a tablespoon of cookie dough, divide it into two pieces, flatten one side and place a teaspoon of peanut butter on top, then cover with the other piece so all the peanut butter is concealed.
- Roll into a ball and pop onto your prepared trays, leaving room for the cookie to flatten out. Repeat until you’ve used all the cookie dough.
- Place in oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Pop a few extra chocolate chips on top. Then leave to cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
Keywords: Cookies, Peanut butter, Chocolate, Chocolate chip, Dessert