Chocolate chip cookies just got a makeover.
Today is all about the humble chocolate chip cookie, WITH a surprise twist. These 👆🏻 are Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies.
We’re talking thick and cakey cookies, with golden brown edges, plenty of melty chocolate chips AND a creamy peanut butter centre hidden inside. Hands up for peanut butter 🙌🏻
You don’t have to look far to know that I love cookies (and I know you do too!). We have quite a few cookie recipes here on Sweetest Menu but these Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies just might be my new favourite.
They are the ultimate treat for those that love big, chunky cookies (uh yes please!). The best part is definitely that hidden peanut butter filling. Take a bite when they are fresh out of the oven and you will be met with a lava of peanut butter. Does it get any better?
Stuffed cookies are one of the best fads going around. I’ve stuffed cookies with gooey teaspoons of Nutella, chunks of caramel or even whole Oreos. And now peanut butter. And I’m not sorry about it.
I love peanut butter and figuring out how to use it in ONE more recipe is always a good thing. So if you love the peanut butter and chocolate combo, I think you will love these Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I won’t lie, it takes a little bit of love to get that peanut butter all up in those cookies. But it’s well worth the effort. My trick is to freeze the peanut butter while you’re preparing your cookie dough to help it be not quite so sticky. But I think it’s ok to get messy in the kitchen sometimes and this is definitely one of those times.
Scoop out your cookie dough, flatten it, add a teaspoon of peanut butter, before placing another piece of cookie dough on top. Then you just roll it up. The peanut butter should be mostly hidden – becoming a secret only you and I know.
Bake the cookies until just golden brown, add a few extra chocolate chips on top and then serve. Your friends and family will love the sweet and salty surprise that is waiting for them inside.
Oh boy, I could really go a Peanut Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie right about now.
Soft and chewy Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies with a hidden pocket of gooey peanut butter baked right inside the middle.
- 185 grams (3/4 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons icing or powdered sugar
- 115 grams (1 stick or 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 245 grams (1 and 3/4 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) milk or dark chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F). Line two baking trays with baking paper. In a small bowl, mix the peanut butter and icing sugar together. Then place the peanut butter in the freezer.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and beat using an electric beater for a minute or two until smooth and creamy. Add the egg and the vanilla and beat until combined, scrapping down the sides. Add the sifted flour, baking soda and stir using a wooden spoon. Then add the chocolate chips into the cookie dough.
- Get the peanut butter out from the freezer. Grab a tablespoon of cookie dough, divide it into two pieces, flatten one side and place a teaspoon on top, then cover with the other piece so all the peanut butter is concealed. Roll into a ball and pop onto your prepared trays, leaving room for the cookie to flatten out. Repeat until you’ve used all the cookie dough.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Pop a few extra chocolate chips on top. Then leave to cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 417
Keywords: Cookies, Peanut butter, Chocolate, Chocolate chip, Dessert