Soft and chewy Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies with a hidden pocket of gooey peanut butter baked right inside the middle.
- 185 grams (3/4 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons icing or powdered sugar
- 115 grams (1 stick or 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 245 grams (1 and 3/4 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) milk or dark chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F). Line two baking trays with baking paper. In a small bowl, mix the peanut butter and icing sugar together. Then place the peanut butter in the freezer.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and beat using an electric beater for a minute or two until smooth and creamy. Add the egg and the vanilla and beat until combined, scrapping down the sides. Add the sifted flour, baking soda and stir using a wooden spoon. Then add the chocolate chips into the cookie dough.
- Get the peanut butter out from the freezer. Grab a tablespoon of cookie dough, divide it into two pieces, flatten one side and place a teaspoon on top, then cover with the other piece so all the peanut butter is concealed. Roll into a ball and pop onto your prepared trays, leaving room for the cookie to flatten out. Repeat until you’ve used all the cookie dough.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Pop a few extra chocolate chips on top. Then leave to cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 417
Keywords: Cookies, Peanut butter, Chocolate, Chocolate chip, Dessert