Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies with a hidden pocket of gooey peanut butter baked right inside the middle.
- 120 grams (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoons icing or powdered sugar
- 115 grams (1 stick or 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 245 grams (1 and 3/4 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 100 grams (2/3 cup) chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together peanut butter and icing sugar together. Spoon out 10 teaspoons of the peanut butter mixture and place on a baking tray. Pop them in the freezer.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter, sugars and vanilla and beat using an electric beater on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add egg and beat until combined, scrapping down the sides.
- Add flour, baking soda and mix together until a soft cookie dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Get the peanut butter out from the freezer. Grab a tablespoon of cookie dough, divide it into two pieces, flatten one side and place a teaspoon of peanut butter on top, then cover with the other piece so all the peanut butter is concealed.
- Roll into a ball and pop onto your prepared trays, leaving room for the cookie to flatten out. Repeat until you’ve used all the cookie dough.
- Place in oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Pop a few extra chocolate chips on top. Then leave to cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
Keywords: Cookies, Peanut butter, Chocolate, Chocolate chip, Dessert