Hello Snickers Chocolate Brownies! These big, chunky brownies are made with real chocolate and stuffed with WHOLE Snickers bars for a chewy, peanut-y, chocolate treat.
Stuffed desserts are THE best ❤️
And these Snickers Chocolate Brownies are no exception. Thick homemade chocolate brownies with a secret hiding inside. That (not-so-secret) secret being a STACK of Snickers bars.
If you love big, fat brownies and Snickers are your fave candy bar, THIS is for you.
I love over-the-top desserts. Can you tell? And I love stuffing something inside something else. Like my fave Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Cookies or my Rolo Rocky Road, OH or my completely over-the-top Candy Bar Chocolate Tart.
But hiding Snickers in brownies? I think it could be the best idea yet.
So let’s talk brownies. These Snickers Brownies are the best (yup, calling it).
It starts with a super rich and fudgy brownie made with real chocolate. There are plenty of eggs for moisture and only a small amount of flour – making them extra rich and fudgy.
Because fudgy brownies are amazing ❤️
So the brownie batter is half the fun. Then comes all those juicy, chunky Snickers bars. Yes please. Baked right into the heart of the brownies, means there’s a little nutty, chewy, chocolate-y surprise in every single bite.
You. Are. Welcome.
Oh and after you make these, try my Snickers Chocolate Cake.
Tips for making Snickers Chocolate Brownies
- You don’t need an electric mixer to make this recipe – just a bowl and spoon.
- Start by melting together the butter and dark chocolate. I like to use the microwave because it’s quick and easy. Stir until smooth.
- Then comes the sugars and vanilla, and then the eggs, just one at a time. Finally the flour – I recommend weighing the flour using a kitchen scale so you don’t accidentally add too much. Then comes the assembly! Add half your batter to a lined baking tin and then add Snickers bars on top. I used mini ones in the pic, but you can also use full size Snickers – any size really!
- Cover the top with the rest of the batter and then bake until the brownie no longer wobbles in the middle.
- Leave the brownie to cool completely before slicing. My trick? Leave your brownie to cool for about 15 minutes before transferring to the fridge to cool completely. Fridge brownies are the best – they go super fudgy and it makes it much easier to cut them. If you do this though, I recommend bringing them back to room temperature before serving, because the Snickers will go hard in the fridge and you might crack a tooth.
More brownie recipes to try
- Chocolate Raspberry Brownies
- One Bowl Cocoa Brownies
- Vegan Brownies
- M&M Chocolate Frosted Brownies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Brownies
Snickers stuffed chocolate brownies.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) butter, chopped
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 85 grams (2/3 cup) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 250 grams (1 and 2/3 cups) Snickers bars
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line an 8-inch square pan with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides of the paper overhang.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and chocolate and melt in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth.
- Next, add sugars and vanilla to the chocolate mixture and stir until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time and mix to combine. Add flour and stir until the brownie mixture is smooth.
- Pour half of the mixture into the prepared tin. Arrange Snickers bars on top in one even layer. Add the rest of the batter and gently smooth over the top.
- Bake the brownie for about 35 minutes minutes or until cooked through. It should have a nice cracked top and no longer wobble in the middle. Leave to cool completely.
This recipe was first published on Sweetest Menu in January 2016.