You guys! I am beyond excited because I LOVE today’s recipe. Like seriously LOVE! And I just know you are going to love it too. Let me explain what you are looking at. Gorgeously golden cookie cups that are loaded with chunks of milk chocolate, baked to perfection and then topped with a marshmallow and toasted until the marshmallow melts.
I know right? You end up biting into a warm soft baked cookie, with melted pieces of chocolate and gooey toasted marshmallow in every single bite. It’s HEAVEN I tell you.
Did you know you could toast marshmallows under the grill or broiler? I didn’t know they toasted so well and tasted SO good. Smores here we come! These cookies are honestly my new favourite cookie in the whole world. Yup, so much so, that I counted three missing after my photo shoot. Oops!
Have you ever made a cookie cup before? This was my first time and I am hooked. So if you are one of those bakers who has had flat cookie problems in the past, this cookie hack is for you. Grab your muffin tray and get baking!
When making cookie cups, there is NO need to chill the dough (yay). Simply roll the cookie dough into twelve large balls – that’s the other awesome part, instead of making around 16 regular sized cookies, it makes 12 JUMBO cookie cups – and pop them into a well greased muffin tin. Bake in the oven for around 12 minutes.
The only tricky part of this recipe is removing the cookie cups from the tray, so make sure you wait for the cookies to cool before taking them out of the muffin tin. Then you simply pop a marshmallow on top, toast it and devour! You HAVE to try it!
Smores Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
Smores Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups loaded with chunks of milk chocolate, baked to perfection and then topped with a gooey toasted marshmallow.
- Yield: Makes 12 cookies
- 115 grams (1/2 cup / 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornflour or cornstarch
- 150 grams (1 cup) milk chocolate chunks
- 12 white marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F). Grease a 12 hole muffin tin well with butter. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars using an electric beater for a minute or two until pale and creamy. Add the egg and the vanilla and beat until combined. Add the sifted flour, baking soda and cornflour and gently fold using a spatula or wooden spoon. Add the chocolate chunks and mix through.
- Roll the cookie dough into large balls and place each one into a muffin hole. Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are just golden brown. You need to let the cookies cool completely in the tin otherwise you run the risk of a few falling apart. Then very gently run a butter knife around the edges of each one before gently lifting the cookies out.
- Pop a marshmallow on top of each cookie, and gently toast the whole cookie under the grill (or broiler) for a minute or so (keep an eye on it) until the marshmallow goes golden brown. Enjoy smores lovers! These cookies taste fantastic even days later, but if you like your marshmallow warm, only add the marshmallow upon serving.