Easy Smores Cookie Cups made from scratch. These buttery cookies are made in a mini muffin pan, topped with toasted marshmallows and chunks of chocolate – perfect for summer!
Hello Smores! 👌🏻
Introducing my all-time favourite Smores Cookie Cups. Gorgeously golden, buttery cookies topped with toasted marshmallows and chunks of chocolate.
Chocolate chip cookies MEET smores. And life will never be the same.
I’m ALL about the cookie cup. Remember when we made chocolate cookies cups and filled them with chocolate chip cookie dough? They’re still one of my all-time favourite treats.
And then we made Nutella Stuffed Cookie Cups. But now?
Now it’s ALL about smores. And what makes a smore? The toasty, roasty, marshmallow of course!
Did you know you can toast marshmallows under the grill or broiler? Or you could use a blow torch if you have one. Which means you can now have smores indoors #winwin
And what better way to enjoy a smore than with a thick and chewy golden cookie made completely from scratch?
These cookies are baked in a mini muffin pan, so there’s no need to chill the dough. They’ll simply spread out and fill the shape as they cook – becoming the perfect base for the ultimate indoor smore.
My only advice? Invite your friends over because these cookie cups are TOO good not to share.
Cookies + marshmallows + chocolate = a completely irresistible bite-sized snack!
How to make Smores Cookie Cups:
- These cookie cups start with an easy cookie dough from scratch. You will need an electric mixer for this recipe.
- Start with room temperature butter – not fridge cold or melty by any means. Add sugars and beat using your electric mixer until pale and creamy.
- Add vanilla and egg. Beat briefly until combined. Then add your flour and baking soda. Mix briefly until a soft cookie dough forms.
- Roll the cookie dough into balls, using your hands, and place each one into your mini muffin pan. If you don’t have a mini muffin pan, you can use a regular muffin pan and only make 12 large smores – no judgement here.
- Before you add the cookie dough to your muffin pan, make sure you grease it really well with butter. This will help prevent the cookie cups from sticking.
- Place the marshmallows on a baking tray and heat under the grill or broiler of your oven until they go golden brown and puffy. Gently add a toasted marshmallow onto each cookie cup, along with a piece of chocolate. Enjoy!
- Just note, you need to eat the marshmallows straight after toasting them. If you don’t plan on eating all the cookie cups in one sitting, then you can store them in an airtight container. Just add the toasted marshmallows and extra chocolate when serving.
MORE SMORES RECIPES TO TRY:
- Smores Rocky Road
- Smores Marshmallow Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gooey Smores Cookie Bars
- Smores Brownie Pie
- Oreo Cookie Dough Smores Sandwiches
Buttery cookie cups topped with marshmallows and chocolate.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup / 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 24 marshmallows
- 24 pieces milk or dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F). Grease a 24 hole mini muffin pan well with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars using an electric beater until pale and creamy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add flour and baking soda and gently mix together. Use a cookie scoop or your hands to roll the cookie dough into small balls (approximately 1 heaped teaspoon) and place each one into your mini muffin pan.
- Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are just golden brown. Let the cookies cool completely in the pan.
- Then very gently run a butter knife around the edges of each one before gently lifting the cookies out.
- Line a baking tray with baking or parchment paper. Add marshmallows. Toast under grill or broiler until golden brown and melty. Carefully transfer marshmallows onto cookie cups. Add chocolate on top. Eat immediately.
You need to eat the marshmallows straight after toasting them. If you don’t plan on eating all the cookie cups in one sitting, then you can store them in an airtight container. Add toasted marshmallow and extra chocolate when serving.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie cup
- Calories: 155
Keywords: Cookies, Cookie cups, Marshmallow, Smores, Chocolate
This recipe was first published on Sweetest Menu in July 2015.