Buttery cookie cups topped with marshmallows and chocolate.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup / 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 24 marshmallows
- 24 pieces milk or dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease a 24 hole mini muffin pan well with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars using an electric beater until pale and creamy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add flour and baking soda and gently mix together. Use a cookie scoop or your hands to roll the cookie dough into small balls (approximately 1 heaped teaspoon) and place each one into your mini muffin pan.
- Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are just golden brown. Let the cookies cool completely in the pan.
- Then very gently run a butter knife around the edges of each one before gently lifting the cookies out.
- Line a baking tray with baking or parchment paper. Add marshmallows. Toast under grill or broiler until golden brown and melty. Carefully transfer marshmallows onto cookie cups. Add chocolate on top. Eat immediately.
Marshmallows: You need to eat the marshmallows straight after toasting them. If you don’t plan on eating all the cookie cups in one sitting, then you can store them in an airtight container. Add toasted marshmallow and extra chocolate when serving.