That’s right. I’m calling it. These are THE crispiest chewiest cookies out there. Golden buttery wonders stuffed with both chocolate chips AND chunky Snickers pieces because life is too short my friend.
You are only 20 minutes away from having a plate of these addictive Snickers Cookies on your kitchen counter because we all deserve a cookie or two, am I right?
I tested these cookies and ate way too many because I was on the hunt for a special kind of cookie. I didn’t want a super fat cookie, even thought I love them (Chunky Chocolate Monster Cookies anyone?). This time I wanted a slimmer cookie with Snickers bits poking out all over the place.
And that’s what we have. A seriously crispy on the outside, chewy in the centre cookie that has sticky pieces of Snickers dotted all over. And that means YUM.
I have had Snickers Cookies on my to-make list (which an actual list that is really really long) for a really long time. And now I’m all like, why didn’t I make these sooner?
If Snickers are your thing, you will adore these cookies. We love our Snickers around here. I’ve used them to make all kinds of desserts like Snickers Chocolate Brownies, Snickers Chocolate Meringues and Snickers Peanut Butter Oreo Pies.
But these cookies are e-a-s-y. There is no need to even chill the dough! Just mix up that cookie dough and bake away. Then pour those cold glasses of milk and wait in anticipation.
I’m still riding high because I have had such a lovely week celebrating my birthday! I was spoilt with an awesome Twix Caramel Cake at work and then the husband and I went out for dinner last night at Jamie’s Italian and ate up a storm.
I hope your having a lovely week. I know what would make it even better – hint hint. Cookie time!
Golden buttery cookies stuffed with milk chocolate chips AND chunky Snickers pieces.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 140 grams (1 cup) Snickers bars, chopped
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper. Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars using an electric beater until pale and creamy. Add the vanilla and the egg and beat until combined. Sift in the flour and baking soda and stir gently. Add the chocolate chips and chopped Snickers and stir through. Use a cookie scoop or roll small balls of dough in your hands and pop them onto your prepared trays.
- Bake your cookies for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Pop a few extra chocolate chips on top of each cookie if you wish. Once the cookies have cooled slightly, gently remove from the tray (they will be quite fragile) and transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely. Then enjoy while still a little bit warm with a cold glass of milk!