I’m in chocolate heaven with this gorgeously rich and decadent Triple Chocolate Cookie Cake. That’s right my friends, I said triple chocolate. Quadruple if you include cocoa powder as a form of chocolate. This lovely thick chocolate cookie is absolutely PACKED with chunky pieces of white chocolate, milk chocolate and dark chocolate. I can’t EVEN!
It’s really really good and made even better with ice cream – it may even rival your favourite brownie. Plus it doesn’t take very long to put together – you don’t even have to chill the dough!
I have another very special treat for you today, apart from the cookie cake. You see, I’ve been working on a little project behind the scenes here at Sweetest Menu HQ. As an Australian baker, I’ve been reading, making and enjoying American recipes for years but I certainly know firsthand there is often some confusion between Australian, American and even British recipes.
Whether it’s different oven temperatures, different names for the same or similar ingredients or different measurements. It can be enough to pull your hair out when all you want is to make a batch of chocolate chip cookies.
Well, I certainly don’t have ALL the answers but I have put together a little Bake It Cheat Sheet. It is an easy A4 printable designed to answer just a few of the more common questions when baking American verus Australian recipes. This includes conversions between Fahrenheit and Celsius temperatures, commonly used cake tin sizes in inches and centimetres and perhaps what I have found the most useful – common ingredients to ‘swap.’
My very talented graphic designer, Justine has done an incredible job and made the cheat sheet super pretty for us, so you can print one out and stick it inside the door of your pantry. I hope it helps to make things in the kitchen just a little bit easier for you. I’ve popped them in my new ‘shop’ so I’d love it if you popped over and checked it out. Let me know if you have any feedback too. Print it out, stick it in your kitchen and then make this Triple Chocolate Cookie Cake! Yaaas!
Download your FREE Bake It Cheat Sheet today.
Triple Chocolate Cookie Cake
Triple Chocolate Cookie Cake that is absolutely PACKED with chunky pieces of white chocolate, milk chocolate and dark chocolate.
- Yield: Makes one 9 inch cookie
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 50 grams (1/3 cup) milk chocolate, pieces
- 50 grams (1/3 cup) dark chocolate, pieces
- 50 grams (1/3 cup) white chocolate, pieces
- Plus extra chocolate chunks for decorating on top
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (360 F). Grease and line a 9 inch cake tin with baking or parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter, brown sugar and caster sugar and beat with an electric mixer for a minute or two until combined and smooth. Add the vanilla and the egg and beat for a minute or until combined, scrap down the sides of the bowl if needed. Sift in the flour, baking soda and cocoa powder into the mixture and stir. If it’s a little dry, add a tablespoon or two of milk and then fold in the milk chocolate, dark chocolate and white chocolate pieces.
- Place the cookie dough into the prepared tray and press down gently into one even layer. Pop a few extra pieces of chocolate on the top. Bake in the oven for approximately 18-20 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.