This Marvellous Rocky Road recipe spells F-U-N.
Stuffed with M&M candy, roasted peanuts, mini marshmallows, chewy jellies AND popping candy, it’s a childhood delight.
The best part? It only takes about 10 minutes to make!
I do love a colourful treat. And I’m a HUGE rocky road fan. I’m not sure where the obsession started but it’s been going for three years strong now.
But THIS rocky road 👆🏻, this one is definitely the most colourful.
Here in Australia, we have a chocolate bar called Marvellous Creations. Cadbury knows how to make a sweet treat and their Jelly Popping Candy Beanies flavour is my all-time favourite.
So I wanted to take that inspiration and transform it into a delicious rocky road.
Spoiler alert: It worked. This Marvellous Rocky Road is extra special. It has the classic rocky road combo of peanuts, marshmallows and chocolate.
But then there’s extra chew from the lollies, extra crunch from the M&M’s and a magical popping sensation from the popping candy.
This rocky road is perfect for sharing. In fact, I highly recommend it because it’s just TOO good not to share. And it’s also TOO hard to resist.
7 ingredients + 10 minutes of prep time = oodles of Marvellous Rocky Road. Let’s do this!
Rocky road filled with marshmallows, M&M’s, peanuts and popping candy.
- 400 grams (3 and 2/3 cups) good quality dark chocolate
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cups) good quality milk chocolate
- 60 grams (1 cup) mini marshmallows
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) M&M candy, plus extra for decorating
- 65 grams (1/2 cup) salted roasted peanuts
- 50 grams (1/3 cup) red lollies e.g. snakes, chopped
- 2–3 tablespoons popping candy
- Line an 8 inch square baking tin. Break up the chocolate and place in a small heatproof bowl. Heat in the microwave until melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Once the chocolate is completely melted and has cooled slightly, add marshmallows, M&M’s, peanuts, lollies and popping candy. Stir until completely coated with chocolate. Pour into prepared tin, smooth the top. Add a few extra M&M’s on top. Place in the fridge for 1-2 hours or until set.