Snickers + Oreos + Peanut butter = THIS 👆🏻
Say hello to the perfect no bake dessert. A creamy peanut butter cheesecake filled to the brim with Snickers bars all on a sweet, crunchy Oreo crust.
If you love chewy Snickers and salty peanut butter, you’ll adore this gorgeous dessert.
It is no secret that I LOVE no bake desserts. In all shapes and sizes. And no bake cheesecakes are one of my all-time weaknesses.
Not only are easy to make, they’re completely irresistible to eat. For me, it’s all about that luscious creamy filling.
I first made this cheesecake for my husband’s birthday since he loves peanut butter. But ever since, it’s been one of my favourite recipes for entertaining.
Not only is it delicious, but honestly, it is SO easy to throw together. And it’s the perfect dessert to make ahead of time. Pour over a little chocolate and add a few extra Snickers right before serving and you’re done – the perfect dessert to share.
This no bake cheesecake literally has everything. A sweet crust, thanks to the Oreo cookies, a lovely texture, thanks to the cream, plenty of chew, thanks to an abundance of Snickers, and a little sweet and salty action, thanks to the peanut butter.
I added melted chocolate on top for a little something extra, but it’s entirely optional. Honestly, the peanut butter cheesecake filling is hard to beat.
Creamy peanut butter snickers cheesecake with an Oreo crust.
Peanut butter cheesecake
- 280 grams (approximately 28) Oreo cookies
- 100 grams (1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 500 grams (2 and 1/2 cups) full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 70 grams (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) thickened cream
- 225 grams (1 and 1/2 cup) Snickers bars, chopped
- 150 grams (1 cup) dark chocolate, optional
- 150 grams (1 cup) Snickers bars, chopped
- Lightly grease an 8 inch springform cake tin and line with baking or parchment paper.
- Using a food processor, whiz Oreo cookies (cream and all) until they resemble fine crumbs. Add butter and whiz again briefly. The cookies should be wet and able to hold their shape. Place crumbs in pan and press down lightly to form one even layer. Place in the fridge.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your cream cheese, vanilla and sugar. Mix with an electric beater until smooth and creamy. Then add the peanut butter and mix again. Add cream and mix for 1-2 minutes or until mixture is thick and smooth.
- Add the Snickers bar and gently fold. Pour the mixture over the Oreo base and gently smooth over the top. Place in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours or until set.
- Carefully remove from the tin. Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds. Drizzle chocolate over the top and sides of the cake. Top with extra Snickers bars.
Use a hot knife to slice through the chocolate topping without it cracking.