Sometimes life calls for a cookie. Or a chocolate. Or a Cookie Dough Chocolate Bar.
When the chocolate cravings hit, instead of reaching for a pre-packaged treat, now you can create your own. This amazing homemade chocolate bar combines the deliciousness of chocolate chip cookie dough, chocolate and chocolate chip cookies. AKA chocolate o-v-e-r-l-o-a-d, my friend.
Do you remember my Candy Crunch Chocolate Bar? It is still one of my favourite treats. But this chocolate bar? This one is next level because inside that thick layer of chocolate, there’s a whole heap of homemade chocolate chip cookie dough hiding inside!
Let me break it down for you. First there’s a layer of silky smooth chocolate, then a thick layer of melt-in-your-mouth chocolate chip cookie dough, another layer of chocolate, all finished with a handful of broken chocolate chip cookies and a sprinkling of chocolate chips! #nevertoomuchchocolate
The best part? This bar is completely no bake and comes together in no time at all! Waiting for it to set will be the hardest part. That and not reaching for a second or third piece!
If you’re the type of person who can eat chocolate chip cookies by the dozen or fistfuls of cookie dough, then this is the treat for you. It’s crunchy, creamy and filled to the brim with chocolate.
So it’s nearly the weekend! This week has been a busy one but I have great news! We found an apartment! So now the big move seems more real than ever. Sydney here we come!
We were almost beginning to think we wouldn’t be able to take our cat as so many of the rentals we liked weren’t pet friendly but we finally found one so Henry is coming too! There are some very busy weeks ahead but it’s going to be quite the adventure! #needanothersliceofcookiedough
Cookie Dough Stuffed Chocolate Bar stuffed with chocolate chip cookie dough and topped with chocolate chip cookies and a sprinkling of chocolate chips!
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour
- 2-3 tablespoon milk
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) milk or dark chocolate chips, plus a few extra for decorating
- 500 grams (3 and 1/3 cups) dark chocolate
- 100 grams (approximately 6 or 7) store bought chocolate chip cookies
- Line a square baking tin with parchment or baking paper. In a large mixing bowl, cream your butter and sugars using an electric mixer for about 3-4 minutes or until the mixture is pale and creamy. Add your vanilla and beat again. Then sift in your flour and stir with a wooden spoon or plastic spatula. Add the milk, one tablespoon at a time, until a soft dough forms. Then stir in chocolate chips.
- When you are ready to assemble your chocolate bar, melt your chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until just melted. Pour a small amount of chocolate into your prepared tin, spread it out using a small spatula, until the bottom is just covered. Then, grab a small handful of the cookie dough, flatten it out with your hands, until it’s about 1/2 inch thick, and gently pop it on top of the melted chocolate. Continue with the rest of the cookie dough, until there are almost no gaps – but it’s ok if there are some!
- Pour over the remaining chocolate until the entire bar is covered. Break up the chocolate chip cookies with your hands and place them on top. Then sprinkle over a few chocolate chips. Pop into the fridge for 1-2 hours to set before cutting into slices.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 352
Keywords: Cookie dough, Chocolate, Choc chip, Cookies, Bars