Happy Friday friends!
I’ve dived back into the kitchen to create another Nutella-themed treat for you. You’re looking at a deep dish Nutella Stuffed Skillet Cookie. That’s right, I said deep dish. Forget about pizza, deep dish cookies are where it’s at!
Buttery chocolate chip cookie dough, baked in a skillet, with a thick layer of Nutella hidden in the middle. Once baked, you’ll end up with a golden brown cookie with crisp edges, a slightly under cooked middle, and Nutella oozing everywhere! #winning
I love surprises. And I love how looking at that choc chip cookie, you can’t even tell there is a boatload of Nutella inside. Nutella – the best kind of surprise, am I right?
You could bake this cookie, pull it out of the oven, and pop it in the middle of the table at your next dinner party. Hand out a few spoons, add a scoop of ice cream on top and let everyone just dive right in. Best. Party. Ever!
Perhaps the best part is how simple this dessert is! It’s the same process as making a batch of cookies, but you can forget about chilling the dough or rolling the dough into balls. You can just dump half of it straight in the skillet.
Spread over the Nutella, having a spoonful or two along the way, then add the rest of the cookie dough on top. Bake for 25 minutes and watch in awe as the cookie turns golden brown in colour. The middle of the cookie will be unbelievably soft, but still chewy, gooey and downright delicious.
So I’m officially a free woman! I had my last day at work yesterday and it was such a lovely day. We had a delicious lunch at Jamie’s Italian (as always) and then a gorgeous afternoon tea with all my favourite things.
My work colleagues even gave me the Milk Bar Life cookbook by Christina Tosi as a farewell gift – they know me too well. I’m really going to miss the laughs we had everyday but it’s time for an exciting new chapter! Let’s celebrate with this Nutella Stuffed Skillet Cookie!
Nutella Stuffed Skillet Cookie! Buttery chocolate chip cookie dough, baked in a skillet, with a thick layer of Nutella hidden in the middle – HEAVEN!
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated or caster sugar
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) chocolate chips, plus a few extra for decorating
- 150 grams (1/2 cup) Nutella
- Lightly grease an 8 inch skillet with a little butter. Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars using an electric mixer for a minute or two until pale and creamy. Add the egg and the vanilla and beat until combined. Add the sifted flour and baking soda and gently fold using a spatula or wooden spoon. Then stir through the chocolate chips.
- Divide the cookie dough into two and place half of the dough into your prepared skillet. Press down to form one even layer. Then, spread out the Nutella on top using a small spatula, ensuring you leave a small gap around the edges.
- Grab small pieces of your remaining cookie dough, flatten them in your hand, and place them on top of the Nutella. Ensure all the cookie dough pieces join together and the layer of Nutella is completely covered. Place the skillet in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let the cookie cool for a 10-15 minutes before diving in.