Prep: 30 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 55 minutes
Nutella Stuffed Skillet Cookie! Buttery chocolate chip cookie dough, baked in a skillet, with a thick layer of Nutella hidden in the middle – HEAVEN!
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated or caster sugar
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) chocolate chips, plus a few extra for decorating
- 150 grams (1/2 cup) Nutella
- Lightly grease an 8 inch skillet with a little butter. Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars using an electric mixer for a minute or two until pale and creamy. Add the egg and the vanilla and beat until combined. Add the sifted flour and baking soda and gently fold using a spatula or wooden spoon. Then stir through the chocolate chips.
- Divide the cookie dough into two and place half of the dough into your prepared skillet. Press down to form one even layer. Then, spread out the Nutella on top using a small spatula, ensuring you leave a small gap around the edges.
- Grab small pieces of your remaining cookie dough, flatten them in your hand, and place them on top of the Nutella. Ensure all the cookie dough pieces join together and the layer of Nutella is completely covered. Place the skillet in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let the cookie cool for a 10-15 minutes before diving in.
Serving Size: 1 slice Calories: 402
Nutrition information is a guide only.
Category: DessertCuisine: American