Delicious Chocolate Crackles made from scratch that the whole family will love. These crunchy chocolate treats are made with real chocolate, coconut and Rice Bubbles – and don’t use any copha!
Chocolate Crackles = party time 🎉
Crispy, crunchy and oh-so-chocolately. There is SO much to love about these Homemade Chocolate Crackles. Made with just 5 ingredients, they make for a deliciously easy chocolate treat.
If you need a chocolate fix, it’s time for a Chocolate Crackle.
If you’ve lived in Australia your whole life like me, you would have had more than your fair share of Chocolate Crackles – most likely at every birthday party you ever went to as a kid.
These tasty treats are a childhood favourite, but let’s be real, I think I love them even more now – and you will too. If you’ve never had the pleasure of trying a Chocolate Crackle, you need to get on this right away.
Thankfully, I’m sharing my easy recipe for homemade Chocolate Crackles so everyone around the world can enjoy this oh-so-sweet treat.
What is a chocolate crackle?
- I’m so glad you asked. Chocolate Crackles are a homemade no bake treat consisting of chocolate and rice cereal, like Rice Bubbles or Rice Krispies.
- Some recipes use cocoa powder and sugar but I use real chocolate in my Chocolate Crackles. Trust me – it’s the BEST.
- Many recipes use copha to help stick the crackle together, which is essentially shortening. But in my opinion, it makes your crackles waxy and it has a soapy mouthfeel. So instead, my crackles use real chocolate and a little coconut oil for their sticking power 💪🏻
Do chocolate crackles need to be refrigerated?
- Yes! Keep these Chocolate Crackles in the fridge to ensure they keep their crunch.
Are chocolate crackles gluten free?
- You can make these Chocolate Crackles gluten free by using a gluten free rice cereal and gluten free chocolate. You could also make these vegan by using vegan chocolate.
More Rice Bubble recipes
- No Bake Chocolate Cookies
- Peanut Butter Balls with Rice Krispies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Pie
- Candy Crunch Chocolate Bar
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Bars
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Hungry for more? Join me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter for more amazing recipe ideas.
Quick and easy homemade Chocolate Crackles.
- 120 grams (3 cups) Rice Bubbles or Rice Krispies
- 90 grams (1 cup) desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 350 grams (2 and 1/3 cups) good quality dark or milk chocolate*, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Line a 12-hole muffin pan with cupcake liners. In a large mixing bowl, add rice cereal, coconut and cocoa powder.
- Break up the chocolate and place it in a small heat-proof bowl. Microwave the chocolate, stirring every 20 seconds, until smooth and melted. Add coconut oil and stir until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate over the ingredients and stir quickly until all rice cereal is covered. Spoon out chocolate crackle mix into each cupcake liner.
- Place chocolate crackles in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to set. To serve, melt a little extra chocolate and drizzle over the top.
*I prefer to use a mix of half dark chocolate and half milk chocolate
Leave a Comment