Crunchy peanut butter chocolate goodness ❤️
I’m here to make your Thursday just that little bit sweeter with these Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Bars, AKA my latest chocolate obsession.
These deliciously easy, no bake treats have a crumbly Oreo crust and crunchy choc topping made with chocolate, peanut butter and rice cereal.
I get it. Some days you don’t want to spend hours slaving away in the kitchen. I love easy desserts and no bake treats JUST as much as the next person. So when you get a treat that looks like this and only requires 6 ingredients, you know you have a winner.
Either way, if you haven’t tried adding melted chocolate and rice cereal together, you are missing out my friend. This stuff is PURE GOLD. So how do you take that perfect combination and make the ultimate treat?
Add peanut butter of course! So now we’ve got a sweet, salty, crunchy treat. And there was only one more way to make these bars even better. And that was by adding an Oreo crust. #heaven
So there’s really not that much more to the story. All you need to do is crush some Oreo cookies to make a cookie crust. Then melt together a mix of milk chocolate, dark chocolate and peanut butter.
Add rice cereal and away you go! A little time in the fridge and these Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Bars are ALL YOURS. Warning: they’re addictive!
If there’s one thing I’ve learnt from American baking, it’s to never limit cereal to just breakfast. Cereal is an all-day thing and that includes dessert! Did you catch my Froot Loop Cake last week?
No bake chocolate peanut butter Rice Krispie bars with an Oreo crust
- 300 grams (approximately 30) Oreo cookies
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality milk chocolate
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 115 grams (3 cups) Rice Krispies or Rice Bubbles
- Lightly grease and line an 8 inch square pan with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides overhang. Add Oreo cookies to food processor and whiz until crushed into fine crumbs. Pour over butter and mix well. Place your crumbs into your prepared pan and press down gently to form one even layer. Pop in the fridge.
- Add milk chocolate and dark chocolate to a heat-proof bowl and melt in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds. Add peanut butter and stir until smooth. Pop back in the microwave until smooth if it’s still lumpy.
- Add rice cereal to a large bowl. Pour over melted chocolate mixture. Stir quickly to completely cover cereal in chocolate. Pour over Oreo crust and smooth the top with a small spatula or the back of a dessert spoon.
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour or until set. Cut into squares and store slice in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 278