Need a chocolate fix?! Try my easy Chocolate Bread. A delicious homemade cake that’s quick, easy and oh-so-chocolately! No electric mixer needed.
Are there two sweeter words than Chocolate Bread? 💕
I’m completely obsessed with this gorgeous Chocolate Bread made from scratch. It’s soft, tender and filled to the brim with chocolate chips.
Cut into thick slices for an impressive chocolate treat!
Why you will love this recipe
- It’s quick and easy to make
- The cake is soft, tender and moist
- It freezes really well
- No electric mixer needed
One of the most popular recipes on Sweetest Menu is my Chocolate Banana Bread. So when I had the idea of developing a pure Chocolate Bread recipe, I knew just where to start.
And the best part is you don’t have to wait until you have spotty bananas sitting in your fruit bowl to get your chocolate fix.
This simple mix and stir Chocolate Loaf Cake recipe is quick and easy, but proves to be quite a decadent treat.
Some of my most favourite things to bake don’t require much effort – and this Chocolate Bread is no exception. You don’t need an electric mixer, nor any extravagant ingredients.
But the results are undeniable. This cake is moist, tender and guaranteed to satisfy your chocolate cravings. It’s not too sweet, so you can enjoy a piece of morning tea or afternoon tea.
How to make Chocolate Bread
This is an easy mix and stir recipe. You don’t even need an electric mixer. Here’s how to make it in four simple steps – detailed instructions are included in the recipe card below.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugars. Stir briefly.
- Heat butter in the microwave until melted and smooth. Give it a stir to get rid of any lumps. Add eggs and vanilla to your butter mixture.
- Add to your dry ingredients, along with the buttermilk. Stir until chocolate batter forms. Throw in some chocolate chips.
- Bake chocolate bread for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Hungry for more? Join me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter for more amazing recipe ideas.
An easy one bowl Chocolate Bread filled with chocolate chips.
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) full fat buttermilk
- 110 grams (3/4 cup) chocolate chips
- Grease and line your 9 by 5 inch loaf pan with baking or parchment paper. Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add sugars and gently stir.
- In the microwave, heat the butter in a large heatproof bowl until just melted, stirring in between 20 second bursts. Add your vanilla and eggs to your butter and whisk gently until combined.
- Make a well in the middle of your dry ingredients, add wet ingredients along with buttermilk. Very gently fold the mixture using a spatula until the mixture is just combined – be careful not to over mix.
- Add 75 grams (1/2 cup) of chocolate chips to the batter. Pour mixture into prepared pan and sprinkle extra 35 grams (1/4 cup) of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake cake for approximately 45 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
Buttermilk: You can make your own buttermilk by adding 1 tablespoon of white vinegar to 1 cup of regular, whole or full fat milk. Leave for a minute or two and then use as normal. Note you only need 3/4 cup of milk for this recipe.
Leave a Comment