Raise your hand if your a macadamia fan! Oh me! I AM! And when you wrap those salted roasted pieces of heaven with golden cookie dough that is filled with chunky pieces of white chocolate, what do you get? Heaven on a plate, I tell you.
These cookies are everything that’s right in the world. They are lumpy and bumpy with crisp golden edges and a soft centre that just about melts in your mouth. But most importantly, they are FULL of white chocolate and roasted macadamias. You are welcome!
I LOVE cookies. You KNOW I do. And these ones give the good ole’ Chocolate Chip Cookie a run for its money. I know there are some who don’t like white chocolate (who are you?) but in these cookies, its perfection.
Seriously nuts and chocolate are such a thing right? Like chocolate and peanut butter or chocolate and Oreos or chocolate and caramel… Hmm now that I think about it perhaps chocolate just goes with everything. I mean even a wrinkly sultana looks good when its covered in chocolate, right?
Remember my favourite cookie trick for gooey chocolate centres? Make sure you buy a block of white chocolate if you can and chop it nice and chunky rather than using chocolate chips. That’s how you get pockets of melted chocolate – like in my Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies.
And when you try these, be sure to snap a pic and tag me on Instagram @sweetestmenu #sweetestmenu – I love love love seeing your gorgeous creations! Happy cookie making friends!
White Chocolate and Macadamia Cookies
Buttery golden cookies loaded with chunky roasted macadamias and gooey pieces of white chocolate.
- Yield: Makes 16 cookies
- 115 grams (1 stick or 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 115 grams (3/4 cup) white chocolate chunks
- 60 grams (1/2 cup) roasted macadamia nuts, chopped
- Line two baking trays with baking paper. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and beat using an electric beater for a minute or two until smooth and creamy. Add the egg and the vanilla and beat until combined, scrapping down the sides. Add the sifted flour, baking soda and cornflour and stir using a wooden spoon. Add the chocolate chips and the macadamia nuts and mix through.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F). Roll teaspoons of the mixture into balls and place on the baking trays, leaving room for the cookies to flatten out. Place in oven for 9-10 minutes or until golden brown on the edges and still soft and gooey in the middle. Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.