Buttery Salted Caramel Fudge made with just five ingredients. This easy caramel fudge recipe is the perfect bite-sized treat for Christmas or holiday gift-giving.
Caramel fudge for the win 💕
If you’re looking for the ultimate Christmas or holiday treat to give to family and friends, this easy, buttery, Caramel Fudge is FOR YOU. Made with white chocolate and brown sugar, it’s deliciously rich and chewy.
Sprinkled with sea salt, it’s a salted caramel dream.
You’d never believe that only a few ingredients could make something so delicious. This is my go-to Caramel Fudge recipe that I make every year, especially around the holidays. It’s so easy to throw together and everyone always loves it.
I’m obsessed with all things caramel. If you are too, you will adore this homemade fudge. Combining sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, butter and white chocolate, it’s rich and sweet – in the best kind of way.
TIPS FOR MAKING PERFECT CARAMEL FUDGE
- You don’t need an electric mixer for this recipe. Just a saucepan and a stove will do.
- Make sure you use good quality white chocolate for the best tasting fudge.
- Start by melting together your butter, brown sugar, sweetened condensed milk and golden syrup.
- Golden syrup is a sweet sugar treacle often used in baking in Australia. If you don’t have golden syrup or can’t find it, just leave it out. The Caramel Fudge will still be delicious.
- Once the mixture is smooth and combined, let it almost come to the boil. The mixture will thicken and coat the back of a spoon – but make sure you are mixing constantly so the caramel doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Once the mixture thickens, you can remove it from the heat, and stir in the white chocolate. Pour mixture into a square cake pan that’s been lined with baking or parchment paper. Sprinkle the top with sea salt.
- Place fudge in the fridge to set for at least 3-4 hours, or even overnight if you can. Then slice into small squares. It’s best to store Caramel Fudge in the fridge.
MORE CARAMEL TREATS TO TRY:
watch how to make it
Buttery six ingredient Salted Caramel Fudge
- 240 ml (1 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 180 grams (1 cup) brown sugar
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup*
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality white chocolate, broken into pieces
- Sea salt
- Grease an 8-inch square pan and line with baking or parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, add sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, butter and golden syrup. Place on low heat and stir together until combined and the sugar is dissolved.
- Turn up the heat to medium and continue to stir until the mixture is simmering and starts to thicken. This may take a while, 5-6 minutes or so. Remove the caramel mixture from the heat and stir in all the white chocolate.
- Pour the fudge into the prepared tin. Smooth the top and sprinkle salt all over the top. Place in the fridge for 3-4 hours to set or even better, overnight. Cut into thick squares to serve. Store fudge in the fridge.
*Golden syrup: Golden syrup is a sugar syrup or light treacle. It adds extra flavour and helps the fudge set. I know it can be hard to find in some countries, so if you don’t have it, you can leave it out. I’ve made the fudge without golden syrup and it’s still delicious.