Buttery six ingredient Salted Caramel Fudge
- 240 ml (1 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 180 grams (1 cup) brown sugar
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup*
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality white chocolate, broken into pieces
- Sea salt
- Grease an 8-inch square pan and line with baking or parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, add sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, butter and golden syrup. Place on low heat and stir together until combined and the sugar is dissolved.
- Turn up the heat to medium and continue to stir until the mixture is simmering and starts to thicken. This may take a while, 5-6 minutes or so. Remove the caramel mixture from the heat and stir in all the white chocolate.
- Pour the fudge into the prepared tin. Smooth the top and sprinkle salt all over the top. Place in the fridge for 3-4 hours to set or even better, overnight. Cut into thick squares to serve. Store fudge in the fridge.
*Golden syrup: Golden syrup is a sugar syrup or light treacle. It adds extra flavour and helps the fudge set. I know it can be hard to find in some countries, so if you don’t have it, you can leave it out. I’ve made the fudge without golden syrup and it’s still delicious.