Deliciously thick and chewy Oreo Cheesecake Brownies. Chocolate brownies made from real chocolate, topped with Oreo cookies and a thick layer of vanilla cheesecake.
Brownies + Oreos + Cheesecake = THIS 👆🏻
Welcome to the wonderful world of Cheesecake Brownies. Thick, fudgy, chocolate brownies topped with whole Oreo cookies and a layer of creamy vanilla cheesecake. All baked together into one heavenly dessert.
Life will never be the same.
Just when you thought brownies couldn’t get any more delicious, we go and add Oreos and cheesecake. Seriously, is there anything that doesn’t go with a chocolate brownie? Peanut butter does. Fresh raspberries do. Even Nutella makes them oh-so-dreamy.
But I have to say, Oreos and cheesecake have taken the humble brownie and transformed them into one lip-smacking dessert. These Oreo Cheesecake Brownies are now at the top of the my favourite dessert list.
So what makes these brownies THAT good? Well first you’ll stick your fork into a thick layer of baked vanilla cheesecake, then comes a whole Oreo cookie (cream and all) before you finally hit a big piece of fudgy, chocolate brownie. Need I say more?!
How do you make Cheesecake Brownies?
- Start with a delicious chocolate brownie recipe. Below, you’ll find my absolute go-to brownie recipe. It uses real melted chocolate and a little bit of cocoa powder for plenty of chocolate goodness. It’s thick and chewy and fudgy – perfection,
- Next, we sneak in a layer of Oreo cookies. Because, let’s face it, Oreos make everything better. Fact.
- The final touch is a layer of vanilla cheesecake. It’s made using full fat cream cheese and greek yogurt. It is delicious and bakes together with the brownie to make a triple layered dessert that will win hearts.
Tips for making Cheesecake Brownies
- Use a block of full fat cream cheese, not light or reduced fat, or the spreadable kind.
- You can use either full fat Greek yogurt or full fat sour cream for the cheesecake. Both will be delicious!
- All three layers will bake together – you don’t need to bake the brownies first. Add the cheesecake batter on top and bake as one whole dessert.
- Leave the brownie to cool slightly in the oven (turned off) when they’re finished baking – this helps the cheesecake come to room temperature slowly and prevents your cheesecake from cracking.
- Store Cheesecake Brownies in the fridge.
MORE BROWNIE RECIPES TO TRY:
- Peanut Butter Brownies
- Flourless Brownies
- Nutella Brownies
- Raspberry Brownies
- M&M Brownies
- Vegan Brownies
Soft and chewy chocolate brownies topped with Oreos and cheesecake.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 20 grams (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 16 Oreo cookies
- 250 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) full fat block cream cheese, room temperature
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) full fat Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line an 8-inch square tin with paper baking, ensuring two sides of the paper overhang.
- Add butter and chocolate to a heatproof bowl and microwave until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Leave to cool slightly.
- Next, add the sugars and vanilla to the chocolate mixture and stir. Add eggs, one at a time, and stir again. Then add flour and cocoa and stir until mixture is smooth.
- Pour brownie mixture into prepared tin and very gently smooth over the top. Add Oreo cookies on top of the brownie batter in one even layer.
- To make the cheesecake, add cream cheese and sugar to a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla and egg and beat briefly to combine.
- Finally, add yogurt or sour cream and mix on low speed until combined and creamy. Pour cheesecake mixture over Oreo cookies and gently smooth the top.
- Bake cheesecake brownies for approximately 40 minutes or until they no longer wobble in the middle. Turn off the oven and leave the brownies in the oven for 20-30 minutes to cool down. Before removing and leaving to cool completely on a wire rack.
- When they are completely cooled, cut cheesecake brownies into small squares to serve. Store brownies in the fridge.