Chocolate chip cookie cravings? 🍪
I’ve got you sorted with these giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups! Super chunky and brimming with chocolate chips, they’re every cookie lovers dream. Especially if you like your cookies thick and chewy.
The best part is just how easy these cookie cups are to make. There’s no need to chill the dough and I have a neat trick that makes it even easier to get these golden beauties out of the pan.
These Chocolate Chip Cookies Cups are made using a muffin pan. All you have to do is roll the cookie dough and then plonk it in each hole. That’s it! They will then magically spread out in the oven to form these gorgeous cookie cups!
This is not the first time I’ve made cookie cups (see HERE and HERE). But in the past I have had trouble making Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups. Why? Because the chocolate chips melt and stick to the pan, making it virtually impossible to remove each cookie in one piece.
So what’s a girl to do when she wants a Chocolate Chip Cookie Cup? I thought there HAS to be a way to make this work and the good news is, there is. My new secret? Don’t put the chocolate chips IN the cookie dough, but rather on top!
This will ensure the chocolate chips don’t stick to the bottom or sides of the pan. Meaning every single cookie cup will come out of your muffin pan in one piece – insert cheering here!
While it means there isn’t chocolate throughout the cookie, you just need to be generous with the chocolate chips on top, and you won’t miss them at all. Plus it’s worth it to get whole cookie cups, instead of leaving half of them behind in the muffin pan. So if you love your cookies, try these Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups!
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
Super easy, thick and chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups brimming with chocolate chips.
- Yield: Makes 10 cookies
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 40 grams (1/4 cup) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F). Grease a 12 hole muffin tin well with butter. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars using an electric beater for a minute or two until pale and creamy. Add the egg and the vanilla and beat until combined. Add the sifted flour, baking soda and gently fold using a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Divide the cookie dough into 10 even sized balls. Roll into a ball and pop in your prepared muffin pan. Repeat with remaining cookie dough. Press chocolate chips onto the top of each ball of cookie dough.
- Place in the oven for 12 minutes or until the tops are golden brown. Let the cookies cool for about 15 minutes or so and then very gently run a butter knife around the edges of each one and lift the cookies out. Leave on a wire rack to cool.