Do you remember those Smores Cookie Cups I made a few weeks ago? I’ve been smitten with the idea of cookie cups ever since, so I’m adding another one to our recipe files today, this time using one of my favourite candies.
These Chocolate M&M Cookie Cups are velvety soft and packed with crunchy M&M’s! Each gorgeously dark chocolate cookie has crispy edges with a soft-baked centre and will delight chocolate cookie lovers everywhere. With no need to chill the dough, they can satisfy your chocolate cravings – fast!
If you love thick cookies, then you are the perfect candidate for the cookie cup phenomenon. Baking your cookies in a muffin tin means you will end up with chunky cookies every single time. Plus there is more of the good stuff in every bite due to their spectacular height.
And the added bonus is there is no need to chill the dough, which means these cookies will be ready before you know it. In fact, in under 30 minutes, you could have your whole house smelling like a bakery!
The trick to removing the cookies from the pan, is to leave them in the baking tin to cool completely. And be sure to grease the pan really well. Also save a few M&M’s for decorating on top as it really makes the cookies pop with colour.
This is one the kids (erhm and the young at heart) will enjoy immensely. I’m sharing the easy recipe for these Chocolate M&M Cookie Cups over on Mandy’s Recipe Box today, so head on over and check it out!
Chocolate M&M Cookie Cups packed with M&M’s, made in a muffin pan.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup / 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 70 grams (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour
- 20 grams (1/4 cup) regular cocoa powder
- 20 grams (1/4 cup) dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) plain M&M’s, plus extra for decorating
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease a 12 hole muffin tin well with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and beat with an electric mixer for a few minutes until pale and creamy. Add the vanilla and egg and beat for a minute or so until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powders, baking soda and corn flour and then sift the dry mixture into the wet. Gently fold until combined and forms a sticky chocolate cookie dough. Add a tablespoon of milk as needed. Then fold in the M&M’s.
- Roll the cookie dough into large balls and place each one into a muffin hole. Try and ensure there are no M&M’s poking through as they have the tendency to stick to the baking pan. Pop a few M&M’s on the top of each cookie dough. Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool completely in the tin otherwise you run the risk of a few falling apart. Then very gently run a butter knife around the edges of each one before gently lifting the cookies out.
*If you don’t have dutch processed cocoa powder, just use regular cocoa powder.
Keywords: Chocolate, Cookies, Candy, M&M's