Prep: 20 minutesCook: 12 minutesTotal: 32 minutes
Chocolate M&M Cookie Cups packed with M&M’s, made in a muffin pan.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup / 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 70 grams (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour
- 20 grams (1/4 cup) regular cocoa powder
- 20 grams (1/4 cup) dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) plain M&M’s, plus extra for decorating
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease a 12 hole muffin tin well with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and beat with an electric mixer for a few minutes until pale and creamy. Add the vanilla and egg and beat for a minute or so until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powders, baking soda and corn flour and then sift the dry mixture into the wet. Gently fold until combined and forms a sticky chocolate cookie dough. Add a tablespoon of milk as needed. Then fold in the M&M’s.
- Roll the cookie dough into large balls and place each one into a muffin hole. Try and ensure there are no M&M’s poking through as they have the tendency to stick to the baking pan. Pop a few M&M’s on the top of each cookie dough. Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool completely in the tin otherwise you run the risk of a few falling apart. Then very gently run a butter knife around the edges of each one before gently lifting the cookies out.
*If you don’t have dutch processed cocoa powder, just use regular cocoa powder.
Category: DessertCuisine: American