Welcome to the weekend friends! I think its time to celebrate with a tub of Choc Mint Cookie Crunch Ice Cream. This easy no churn recipe will have you sampling a bowl of homemade ice cream in no time. If peppermint patties or junior mints are your candy of choice, then you will go nuts for this triple chocolate treat.
Creamy chocolate peppermint ice cream that is studded with mint chocolate pieces and chunks of choc mint cookie. A must for all choc mint enthusiasts!
I love making homemade ice cream. It is so e-a-s-y. And it tastes delish. Plus it gives you the chance to get really creative. I loved my American Rocky Road Ice Cream I made a few months ago, so I thought it was time for another chocolate ice cream treat. I’ve been on a little bit of a choc mint roll lately. I think it started when I began munching on those Thin Mints I stashed in my suitcase coming back from the USA. And you remember those Perfectly Peppermint Chocolate Cookies I made?
This ice cream is perfect for choc mint lovers. It’s pretty much triple chocolate mint ice cream. It begins with a chocolate peppermint base that is then loaded with chocolate peppermint pieces. I used Andes peppermint chips that I had from the USA, but you could use any choc mint chocolate chopped finely. The cookie crunch comes from crushed pieces of Thin Mints, but again you can use your favourite choc mint biscuits. This Choc Mint Cookie Crunch Ice Cream really is a tasty treat!
Deliciously creamy chocolate mint ice cream loaded with choc mint cookies!
- 480 ml (2 cups) thickened or heavy cream
- 240 ml (1 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) dark chocolate pieces
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon peppermint essence
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) chocolate peppermint pieces
- 3/4 cup chocolate mint cookies, chopped
- Whip your cream using an electric beater until it reaches stiff peaks. Add the condensed milk to a large mixing bowl. Melt the dark chocolate pieces in the microwave, stirring between 10 second bursts. Add the melted chocolate, cocoa powder and peppermint essence to the condensed milk and gently whisk until combined.
- Very gently fold in the whipped cream. Add the chocolate peppermint pieces and the chocolate mint cookies and gently fold through. Pour the mixture into an ice cream container with a lid and pop into the freezer overnight or for at least 4-6 hours.
Keywords: Ice cream, Chocolate, Mint