Well it’s only 4 more sleeps until Christmas! I don’t know where this year went, especially the last two months, but time has flown. We’ve been drinking all the eggnog, eating all the peppermint bark, and wrapping all the presents.
But I’m not finished baking all the Christmas treats. This week, it’s all about rum and raisin. I’ve got a no churn, no bake Rum and Raisin Chocolate Ice Cream to share with you. Creamy chocolate ice cream loaded with rum-soaked raisins and chunky pieces of chocolate.
Have you tried making no churn ice cream at home yet? Only a few ingredients and you have the creamiest frozen treat! I’ve made Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, Rocky Road Chocolate Ice Cream and Salted Caramel Twix Ice Cream but this Rum and Raisin Chocolate Ice Cream takes the cake.
Plump juicy raisins soaked in rum mixed into chocolate ice cream with plenty of chocolate chips. Forget the rum balls this Christmas and opt for Rum and Raisin Ice Cream for dessert!
I just love this time of the year. I’m trying to soak up every last minute of Christmas! We’ve had Secret Santa at work, Christmas Carols at church and I’ve watched plenty of Christmas episodes and movies.
Family is in town and everyone is in a celebratory mood. It really is the best time of the year! I’m down to my last few Christmas presents too – phew! Have you done all your Christmas baking? If not, don’t forget to check out our collection of Christmas treats, there are loads of easy recipes to try!
Rum and Raisin Chocolate Ice Cream
No churn Rum and Raisin Chocolate Ice Cream filled with juicy rum-soaked raisins.
- 160 grams (1 cup) raisins
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) rum
- 480 ml (2 cups) thickened or heavy cream
- 240 ml (1 cup) condensed milk
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) dark chocolate chips
- Roughly chop your raisins and place them in a medium bowl. Pour over the rum and stir with a spoon until all the raisins are well coated, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat your cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Pour the condensed milk into a separate large mixing bowl. Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave. Whisk together the condensed milk, melted dark chocolate and cocoa powder until combined. Gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Gently remove the raisins from the rum and gently pat dry with paper towel. Add them and the chocolate chips to the ice cream mixture and stir through. Pour the ice cream into an airtight container and freeze for 4-6 hours or even better, overnight.
Leave a Comment