Prep: 400 minutesTotal: 400 minutes
No churn Rum and Raisin Chocolate Ice Cream filled with juicy rum-soaked raisins.
- 160 grams (1 cup) raisins
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) rum
- 480 ml (2 cups) thickened or heavy cream
- 240 ml (1 cup) condensed milk
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) dark chocolate chips
- Roughly chop your raisins and place them in a medium bowl. Pour over the rum and stir with a spoon until all the raisins are well coated, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat your cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Pour the condensed milk into a separate large mixing bowl. Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave. Whisk together the condensed milk, melted dark chocolate and cocoa powder until combined. Gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Gently remove the raisins from the rum and gently pat dry with paper towel. Add them and the chocolate chips to the ice cream mixture and stir through. Pour the ice cream into an airtight container and freeze for 4-6 hours or even better, overnight.
Category: DessertCuisine: American