Twix is one of my favourite candy bars. Which makes perfect sense because we all know I love anything with chocolate and caramel. There are already a number of Twix-themed treats on Sweetest Menu, from gooey Twix Cookie Cups to Loaded Twix Chocolate Brownies, and now we have Salted Caramel Twix Ice Cream to add to the list.
Made with only 5 ingredients and no need for an ice cream maker, this no churn recipe will fulfil all your caramel-covered dreams. Salted caramel ice cream studded with Twix chocolate bar pieces, it’s a delight for every Twix enthusiast.
To make the ice cream base, you only need three ingredients – condensed milk, whipped cream and vanilla extract. Then you simply pour in a bucket load of deliciously rich salted caramel sauce. I used homemade salted caramel, but you can easily use your favourite store-bought kind. Throw in a few chunks of Twix bars and its creamy caramel heaven. My absolute favourite part is the little Twix pieces that go all chewy and sticky when frozen. Yum!
So once you have patiently waited for your ice cream to set, what now? Perhaps you could drizzle over a little chocolate sauce? Or why not use your Salted Caramel Twix Ice Cream to make a mega ice cream sundae. Or you could use it to top a homemade brownie or skillet cookie! The possibilities are endless. I am sharing the ridiculously easy recipe for this Salted Caramel Twix Ice Cream over on Mandy’s Recipe Box today.
Salted caramel ice cream studded with Twix chocolate bar pieces – no ice cream maker needed!
- 240 ml (1 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 480 ml (2 cups) whipped cream
- 1 cup salted caramel sauce, homemade or store-bought
- 3/4 cup Twix bars, chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, add your condensed milk, vanilla and whipped cream and gently fold using a spatula or mix on a low speed in an electric mixer. Add in your salted caramel sauce and mix until combined. Throw in your Twix bars and mix through before transferring to a sealed container.
- Pop your ice cream into the freezer for at least six hours, or even better, overnight. Serve your ice cream with hot fudge sauce or a few extra Twix bars crumbled on top for the ultimate Twix treat.