Introducing refreshing no churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, made with just four simple ingredients! That’s right, you too could be sitting down to a crunchy waffle cone piled high with deliciously creamy mint ice cream that’s filled to the brim with shards of dark chocolate.
I promise it’s better than any after dinner mint! Its creamy and crunchy with a cool mint flavour and dozens of tiny chocolate pieces. If junior mints or mint patties are your chocolate of choice, you will LOVE this ice cream. Mint chocolate lovers unite!
It is no secret around here that I LOVE no churn ice cream recipes. Not only are they incredibly easy but they taste fantastic! And the variations are literally endless. When I want a crunchy chocolate treat, I reach for my American Rocky Road Ice Cream, when I need an over-the-top dessert, there’s my Oreo Ice Cream and now there’s refreshing Mint Chocolate Chip to satisfy the sweet tooth.
I was late in life to join the mint fan club. I think when I was a kid, mint was only ever associated with toothpaste, but now I am fully onboard! Give me all the choc mint things!
I received two belated birthday presents this week and they were both amazing. One of my friends gave me a beautiful jar filled with her delicious homemade granola and the other brought me back American candy and an American food magazine from her recent trip to the States.
I am beyond excited about both! I hope you are having a good week. A batch of four ingredient homemade ice cream might make it even better – hint hint. You don’t need an ice cream maker and its completely no bake!
Learn how to make creamy Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (loaded with chocolate) at home with just four ingredients – no ice cream maker required!
- 480 ml (2 cups) thickened or heavy cream
- 240ml (1 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) good quality dark chocolate, plus extra for decorating
- A few drops of green food colouring, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk your cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, add the condensed milk and then gently fold in the cream using a spatula.
- Add peppermint extract and gently stir through. Then add food colouring and mix until you reach your desired colour.
- Lastly, finely chop chocolate and fold through the ice cream mixture. Pop into a freezer proof container, sprinkle over a little extra chocolate, and freeze for a at least 6 hours or overnight.